「21/31」

21. "From somewhere far off... My name."

---

"Help yourselves. Eat as much as you can." Yukichi Fukuzawa says the next morning.

"Thank you for the food, President." We all say, and dig into the food he has offered us for breakfast.

"I think now we can say without a doubt, that we understand each other, and make a good team. Even though there are people who say we're weak." He adds, and we give him thankful nods. He then leaves, and we begin to eat.

"Hey, stop hogging the rice, Atsushi-kun!" Dazai groans, snatching the plate. I find myself seated between Dazai and Kenji, and Dazai asks if I want some rice.

"Hey, Kira-san, pass me some pickle, will you?"

"You still have ten hundred years before you even come close to my level, Yosano."

"No, you eat it like this."

"Kyouka, I told you to stop stabbing the meat with your chopsticks!"

"Brat, control her before the manager sends us out!"

Being surrounded by these people made me feel blissful in a way I couldn't express, and I was so thankful for Dazai's existence.

If it wasn't for him, and even Atsushi, I would never be able to enjoy a person's presence, as much as I enjoyed the company of each and every member of the Agency.

It was the next day, and the President treated the whole Armed Detective Agency on occasion of another mission done well, along with me joining the Agency officially.

"And here it is!" Dazai waves something in the air, and Ranpo snatched it from him.

"Wahh, why aren't you pretty like her, Yosano?" Ranpo wants to know, and Akiko elbows him hard in the stomach.

"Shut up, Edogawa."

"Welcome to the Agency, Kira. Make sure you stick to the rules."

"I will, Kunikida-kun." I smile, and receive the small picture that Dazai had been passing around. It was the picture I had taken earlier, the one which would be in my Agency Identification.

After a noisy breakfast, we all head to work back at the Agency.

"Kira-chan, can you make me some coffee?" Dazai wants to know, as soon as we step foot into the room. All eyes land on him, and everyone exchanges suspicious glances at us.

"Dazaiiiii." I hiss and he looks at me confused.

"Er, who else wants coffee?" I ask, and six hands shoot up.

"Kyouka-san, you're too young to drink coffee!"

"Hey no! Only I get her coffee!" Dazai whines, and I have to run outside before the blush on my face grew any redder.

Seriously, why is Dazai saying embarrassing stuff like that?

My mind is completely blank and I walk to the Agency, carrying six cups of coffee in hand.

Dazai is wearing headphones, and he gives me a pout before he takes on cup.

Such a cutie!

"Thank you." Kunikida has to say, and I head to where Akiko and Ranpo sat, playing Shogi.

"Yosano, why can't you make coffee like Kira?"

With an irked expression, Akiko takes a cup and rolls her eyes at him.

"Hey Ranpo-san, I'm really glad you're back." I say, and Ranpo gives me a nod.

"I'm really glad you joined the Agency, Kira." He replies, and Akiko gives a nod in approval.

"Remember how I told you that you still had a hundred more years to reach my level?" He asks. When I nod, he takes a sip from the coffee.

"Well, I take it back. I'll say... fifty, now."

"Ranpo-san..."

"Hey, are you gonna give us cold coffee? Give us some!" Naomi whines from the next desk.

"Thank you, Ranpo-san." I say, and go to give the remaining two cups to the siblings.

When I give the cup to Naomi, she drinks it up in one gulp and asks Tanizaki to move away. With an annoyed look, he goes to talk to Kunikida. Naomi then pulls me onto Tanizaki's chair.

"So, are you and Dazai-san dating?"

"Ehhhhh?!"

"Don't lie, we know you guys did something last night!" Naomi's eyes glitter as she looks at me expectantly.

"I-It's not like we're dating or anything..."

"You're in love with him, aren't you?" She wants to know.

"Of course I'm in love with him! There's no doubt about it! But I can't just go ahead of myself.... He hasn't asked me to properly date him yet, and I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is just out of respect for him saving me multiple times..."

"Aw Kira. You're the cutest! I say go for it! I'm sure he feels the same ways. I mean, just look at him!"

We glance to where Dazai is sitting, and he is frowning at Kunikida who is taking a sip of the coffee I had made.

And Naomi doesn't even know about Dazai's call. How she would react, I wonder.

"Ah, Kira-chan, we have a job to do together!" Kenji waves a paper in the air, and I put the tray away and come up to him.

"What's this?"

"We're supposed to gather information about a dead person's relatives. The police has their suspicions so we need to stake out."

"I thought Ranpo-san would do stuff like that...?"

"Yeah but he had a rough time. So we're giving him and Akiko-chan some relaxing time. After all, she did stay up with him all night for the past two days."

True. Akiko and Ranpo should get some time together. They really do make the best couple in this Agency.

"You're so cute, Kenji-kun." I pinch his cheeks. He replies with a whine, trying to swat my hands away with a laugh.

"Guys, we're heading off!"

From the corner of my eyes, I see Dazai eyeing me, while I walk out.

With a racing heart, I follow Kenji outside, for my third mission.

I wonder what's going on in his mind...

But he does feel the same way as I do right?

Otherwise he wouldn't have...

"Kira-chan, are you okay?" The blond boy wants to know.

"Yeah sorry for spacing out." I say, and take the paper from the 14-year old's grasp.

"Where are we going?"

"Oh that? We're going to the Port Mafia."

---

A/N: Sorry if it has some spelling mistakes! I felt bad about not writing in so long so I kinda wrote this down quickly haha. Thank you for the support ily guys so so much!

Ps: Kenji is my son, don't even argue with that. ;-;