A Letter of Impatience [Part 2]

Samaar's POV

"AFSAR." I was out of breath by the time I reached back to where I met Afsar. He was talking to a guy about something. The guy turned to me and so did Afsar. Afsar really was tall... he was even taller than the guy he was talking to. Well I guess Sheath was only two inches smaller. He turned around with a confused face. 

"What?" He asked me. 

"Can you please give me Sheath's address?" I asked. 

"His address?" He asked. He looked over to the guy who looked like a Jamaican athlete. "I'll talk to you later, bro." The Jamaican guy threw a joke at him in a whisper and he laughed it off. I frowned. When he turned to me, he looked down right after staring at my serious face. He laughed. "Wait. You're basically married to the guy and you don't even know his address?" I felt insulted. 

"The clock's ticking." I said with my teeth clenched. I passed him my notebook and he took it and wrote it down taking his time. "Are you trying to piss me off? Or are you trying to piss me off?" I asked, staring at the letters he was writing with so much difficulty. After he finished I grabbed the book. "DON'T tell him... no matter what." 

He laughed again and said, "Fine."

I started walking away really fast. When I finally google mapped where he lived I went straight over there. I remembered him mentioning something about living in an apartment with Josh's older brother, but he might have moved out by now. 

I took the bus to his apartment, calmly. I really didn't know what to do after reading the letter. My hands were shaking with anger and my attempts to thinking straight had failed. 

A few minutes later I was there. First of all, I was nervous. I mean, who wouldn't be? One girl going into a guy's house all alone... That's not normal for a Muslim girl. But if you put it as one wife meeting her husband alone... That's pretty normal for a wife, I guess. 

I lifted my hand... and knocked on the door. No one answered. I knocked once again. The door's locks started opening, and the door was sliding open. "Come on, man. Did you forget to take the ke...y...? Samaar?" It was Sheath. My hands started tingling and itching. If I didn't do it fast, I might end up regretting it. 

"You idiot." I said in anger. My hand flew up and I slapped his face red. "After this whole time, that was your answer all along?" I asked. My mind was blown away. Not because I hadn't expected this. It was because I couldn't believe how extremly dense I was. He turned his face towards me and let out a laugh. The slap on his face left a nice red mark on his face. 

"So you read the letter?" He said, holding onto his cheeck in pain. Right that instance tears rolled down my eyes as I smiled. He smiled wider. "At first, I thought you were joking when you told me you liked me. I almost died of shock. I mean, from the looks of it... it didn't feel like you wanted to marry me." His voice was soft and low. He held onto my arm and pulled me into the apartment as he closed the door. But we stood standing. 

"I did."

"And I didn't think you really liked what was going on either."

"I didn't."

"Then how did you.... How did you come to like me?"

"Only Allah knows that." I said, smiling as I remembered the only three words Sheath had written in the letter he gave me. I love you.

"The reason why I told you to break off the marriage when we first met was because I had this huge feeling you hated me and I thought you wanted to break off this marriage just as well. So I talked to you first without thinking it through and tried doing what I could. The day before I told my mom that it was impossible for both of us especially since you didn't like me or anything. My mom told me to wait until you spoke up and declined the marriage proposal and I definitely thought you would... but you didn't which was surprising. I didnt want to say anything afterwards so I just left it alone. The fact that you just did as your parents told you to was pissing me off... don't we have a right to say who we want to spend the rest of our life with?'

"We do... but I didn't really care about marriage. I thought it was a joke."

"How do you like me then?"

I shrugged. "I don't know... I guess love really does come after marriage.. or the halal way or whatever." And at this sheath smiled.

"For me its the opposite.."

"The opposite? You loved someone before you married her?" I realized what I just said. No, no, no. "Sheath... how many times did you get married anyways?"

"How can my own wife be so dense...? You're the girl I loved." He said blushing a little.

"Since when!" Why am I finding this out so late??

"Since the day we met eleven years ago."

"But I abused you!" My heart was beating really fast and any moment I don't think my breathing will ever be the same again.

"Well... you did love throwing your shoes at me quite a lot, but that's cuz I used to tease the hell out of you." I frowned at that, but I broke out laughing. Sheath wasn't wearing his glasses. And it was at this moment I realized I was in Sheath's apartment alone with him. When I looked him up and down I saw that he was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with black sweatpants. His hair was a little messy too. He looked like a kid with that smile on his face. But... he was too tall to cuddle with... not good teddy bear material. As if he read my mind he came closer and closer and wrapped his arms around me. My head was on his chest and I could feel his heart beat rising higher and higher. When I realized the position we were in, I became extremely awkward, forgetting to enjoy the pleasure of having such a comfy feeling to return to everyday in the future. When I moved my head to position my eyes to stare straight into his, he hugged me tighter and finally... gave me a light peck on my forehead. So yeah... my heart was bouncing around my body.

"Don't you think I deserve a little more?" I asked in a whisper. That's when the hugging stopped and Sheath pushed me back gently. I mean, come on. I got harassed today, and all I wanted was a nice shower to wash the scar off. But I knew a shower wouldn't wash it off... nothing could actually.

"Your expectations are too high." He whispered back in the empty room. I frowned. "These lips have never been touched." Right at that moment, I tip-toed higher and stole his first kiss. Sound cheesy, but if your a Muslim and love really does come after marriage, there's no such thing as being cheesy or whatever. It was only a light peck but he blushed anyways. I laughed but when I felt how serious this situation was, I scrunched up my face and frowned.

"Who were you expecting to give your first kiss to anyways?" I asked, feeling just a little jealous.

"Uh..." No, don't answer. "Obviously my wife... but." 

"But what?" I asked, getting a little angry.

He laughed as he looked at me. "I never expected a girl who's been forever uncomfortable with guys to just kiss me as if it were a normal thing." At this, I felt my ears turn bright red. He was right though. Was I always this confident? Wait who cares about being confident, this is my rights as a wife. 

"Well, haven't I endured a lot on my part?" I asked, flicking his forehead.

Sheath's POV

"Yes... Yes you have." She had dark brown eyes that could laugh when she tried to supress her laugh, and skin as pale as snow. She wore no makeup what so ever and stood there exprssionless. 

Her lips curved into a smile and she hugged me tight once again.