Don't Look

Samaar's POV

It's not like I'm bad at directions or something like that but... I really can't seem to find my way home. Okay so here's the deal. My parents would never and I mean never let us leave the country by ourselves. The only reason we could leave our house was because my mom's older sister had just moved to America. When my parents dropped us off at the girls dorm, they made sure to visit her and her house. My aunt had three children just like my mom. and Kashifa was the same age as me. Ruhi, Kashifa's older sister and my aunt's eldest daughter was three years older than Aakifah. And Zafeer was five years old. Me and Aakifah went the next day to meet them without our parents. They were really nice, but Kashifa was... sort of a rebel. She was super obsessed with tatooes. She had already secretly gotten one on her arm. She was lively and energetic but again.. she really isn't someone I would hang out with at school since I was quiet and in some aspects the complete opposite. I've never dated. I hated guys. I adored my abaya's and long maxi dresses for Allah and for myslef. They made me feel really secure. Kashifa... just didn't really understand why I'd waste my life on it. I was pretty annoyed when she brang up topics like sex and virginity. I felt so impure afterwards but her older sister Ruhi was extremely nice. She actually wanted to talk about religion. She said her little sister doesn't really care about stuff like that. In three hours, Aakifah and me became tight with Ruhi. Our dorms were a half an hour drive from their house. 

When we got back to our dorms, Ruhi said she's drop some food off every friday or we'd just go out and eat. She just graduated. Aakifah who was supposed to be in her second year of university was in her first merely because she almost wasted another year in pharmacy tech in collage. But she didn't like the program so she ended up agreeing with me about the move to America. 

It was after my chemistry class that I began walking home. It was the first time without Aakifah that I was walking to the dorms... alone. I had this huge feeling in my gut that I was being stared at. I don't see what's so attractive about me (without any make up or jewellery) that someone keeps staring at me. Oh, and that's another change in my life. No more fashion. I guess after marriage, you'd think you'd want to look pretty for your husband and everything, but I felt like crap each and everyday. Besides its not like Sheath sees me everyday. It's bee over a year and I'm still trying to process the fact that I'm married. My eyes were on the ground with earphone on. I was listening to an arabic nasheed. It was 7pm. I slowly raised my eyes to look behind and saw... no one.

Maybe it was just my imagination? It should be. I don\t want no stalker. The streets were empty. I looked back once again, sighed then turned back. I turned right, there were trees. I turned left, there was a guy wearing white jeans with a black t-shirt that said 'I'm a Jinni.' 

Yup that scared the blood out of me. I turned pale, and started walking faster. I want to go back home... not the dorms! But home! By now I should be very far right?? I turned back and saw no one. I turned right, nothing. I turned left.... HE REALLY IS A JIN!

My face turned bright red and I felt a little sick in my stomache. I turned back and the guy looked up at me from his iphone screen and grinned. Ya Allah... please help me. That's right, maybe he's just going the same way as me... I turned back and started walking where I came from. I felt nothing behind me afterwards... 

Thank god it wasn't a stalker. I read Ayatul Kursi and calmed down as I took the longer route back to the dorms. I was home in no time and when I told Aakifah about it, she just screamed at me for not waiting for her. Her class ended an hour after mine and it's not like the dorms were that far. 

The next day I went to class... the same guy was sitting three rows ahead of me. I was a little scared because I felt a little creeped out afterwards. Whenever he walks next to me or I pass by him in class or something like that he never pays attention to me (which is great) but I always get the feeling that he's staring at me. But no he's either reading a book or listening to his ipod...