Losing Control

REMINDER: Don't forget to pray your daily Salaah before reading this chapter! xP 

Samaar

It was a Monday and soon November was going to come to an end. I don't quite know the reason but whenever I have to meet Sheath I always grab the best of my clothes even if I don't wear any makeup. It would take quite the effort to get me to dress up for any event, or that's what Khatirah says. I'm always going to school in a simple black abaya, loose hoodies, bland hijabs, and black boots. I honestly couldn't care less if I looked like a homeless person nowadays. The corrupt fashion phase I was going through was a billion times better than all those other days I would spend taking hours to fix hijabs, choosing an outfit, putting on some jewellry to finish off each look. But it was completely different when I went out to meet my husband... I guess it's supposed to be like that. After all they keep themselves pure and in control before marriage waiting for their wives just like we wait for our husbands. We're supposed to be modest like every other good Muslim. Everyday I wish to become a better person and that's what I ask Allah to help me with. I'm lacking in many ways. But if marriage can improve my personality even a little I'm up for it. 

Sheath told me to come to his house early in the morning at eleven o'clock because his room mate wouldn't be there. I guess it should be alright entering his house because we're officially married... Islamically. We still have to get registered in Canada after we go back. Because in the eyes of the government we're not married. We weren't allowed to get registered under the age of eight-teen. 

Usually I'l have complicated or happy feelings meeting Sheath. But today I was outraged. He lied to me and on top of that he wasn't careful. It's like he was involved in a gang fight or something but I just didn't like it. 

I got a royal blue shirt on with my black skirt and an aqua hijab. Sometimes I'd end up being all mismatched but I loved the colors either way. I wore the same black boots I've been wearing for about three months now and a black hoodie I had for about three years. To top it off I slid on a coat I was wearing since eleventh grade. My mom usually did some shopping for me. But this year I was all alone. I actually missed her.... I mean who wouldn't miss their mother living so far away?  I looked over at Aakifah who was still sleeping surprisingly.Usually she's wake up for Fajr and never sleep again. But she had a fever for two days so I guess that explains it. But she seems better than yesterday. I left the dorm as I locked the doors behind me trying to leave as quiet as I could. It was a Saturday. A very uncomfortable one. Somehow I felt insecure today. I keep thinking something bad is going to happen, but only Allah knows. 

In twenty minutes I was standing in front of Sheath's apartment. Er... maybe I should just go home? It's going to be awkward. I still haven't forgotten what an idiot I was the first time I came here... Okay, I'll give three knocks and if he doesn't open up I'm running out! But I wasted twenty minutes coming here! Oh Allah, what do I do?? 

Hmm... I could probably get Aakifah, Amarah or Hani to come hang out with me. But shouldn't I just go home and study? I have a novel to read for my English class. Ugh... Okay I should knock already.

I knocked three times but... there was no answer. Yes! I can go home! I started walking away as fast as I could. I reached the end of the hallway, exiting through stairs. Then I made a run for it outside. I'm out! I'm free of misery! Alhamdullillah (Praise to God)! Just then someone grabbed me from behind. I slowly turned around and forced a smile. 

"I thought you weren't home?" I said. Yes I said it as a question.

Sheath was sweating as he came running after me. He had wet hair and a towel around his neck. He didn't look so good either. He sort of reminded me of Aakifah when she got the fever two days ago.... Oh. He has a fever. He was trying to catch his breath. "You didn't even knock properly!" He said, still out of breath. I let out a small uncomfortable laugh and scratched my head through my hijab.