Today's The Day

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu guys :)

Short update, I know. But I sort of have writers block for now... Who knows I might come up with something after a good long sleep or something... Anyways Enjoy :)

This chapter is dedicated to abdofRahman for making me realize something important. She deserves a billion followers because she's just that awesome :) Ma Sha Allah. 

Four Months Later

Samaar

Four months passed by really quick. I'm starting to get a little scared. I mean, who knew I'd end my first year in uni so early... or so it feels. Aakifah's stomach started growing, but she went to school regardless. Right on her last day, she said bye to the friends she made over the year.  And now we were on our way back home to Canada once again not only to drop Aakifah off... but also plan a little of our own future. Amarah's nikha (Islamic marriage ceremony) happened quickly about three months ago. Even if she fell for the twin, marriage and love wasn't going to stop her from completing her studies. She was married to Afsar, but she sort of liked Yunus... or that's what we thought. She told us some time later that she was just going through a phase when she liked Yunus for a bit. She wasn't completely into Afsar though yet... despite being married. 

"Want some coffee?" Sheath asked me as he came back into the car after filling the car up with gas. I nodded my head. I was exhausted and my neck was hurting so much due to the car ride. "Ask your sister if she wants anything from Timmies." He said, giving me a look of concern. I looked back and saw Aakifah listening to something on her iPhone. I nudged her, and asked her if she wanted something. 

"A muffin... I guess." She said, uncertain. I smiled as Sheath left, and positioned my neck trying to stretch the pain out of it. "Samaar, how do you think Sheath's mom's doing?" She asked. I turned around facing Aakifah. 

"Why are you asking?" I asked lazily. 

"Well... I'm going to be living with her soon, aren't I?" She asked me. 

"Yeah that's true... Didn't you hear about it from Subhee. She's already starting to forget her neighbour's faces. She doesn't even remember their names. It wouldn't be surprising if she didn't recognize us." I reply, realizing the truth in my words. "So she might not recognize us." I said as I put my hands on my face. "I think I should get some more sleep." I said before I lay my head on my right and fell asleep instantly. We left early in the morning after praying Fajr, and I was already feeling horrible from the night before due to the bad milk I drank before bed. 

When we reached home we were dead tired and because we took many stops on the way to sleep, we arrived right before Fajr. We all prayed and the whole house awake for prayer as well but we were all just too tired to unite, especially with my upcoming sickness or headache or whatever I was getting. Sheath gave me some sort of painkiller which put me to sleep right after prayer. It was seriously hard to get up afterwards. 

 When I did wake up... which was an hour before Asr Salaah, I went downstairs to check on my mother-in-law. I couldn't really talk much, since my throat was dry and sore. 

"Assalamualaikum, Aunty." I said, as I gave her a hug. 

"Waalaikumasalaam." She said with a smile. "You sound sick. Is that why you weren't able to go to school?" She asked me. For a second I thought she was perfectly fine but... I was wrong. 

"School?" I asked, letting out a laugh. 

"Yeah." She replied with a smile. 

"I was sick." I replied back with a big smile. Technically, I was sick so I wasn't lying. My words came out roughly. 

"And you still are, my dear. When you and Sheath get married, he'll take care of you all the time just like he takes care of his mother." She said grinning. I paused. She's starting to forget recent events? If Sheath and I aren't married, then neither is Aakifah and Subhee in her eyes. Ya Allah, please help her... I gave her a small smile and my mind was blowing up to smitherines. I have to go tell Sheath about this right now. She's going to freak if she finds out I slept in his room 'before' marriage. 

As soon as I prayed my Maghrib Salaah, I quickly called Sheath, going back to the old room I used to stay in, just in case my mother-in-law popped up anytime soon. 

"It's been four months since we last saw your mother. Do you know what she currently thinks?" I ask Sheath, trying to act calm, but my mind was scattered everywhere. When he didn't answer, I bit my lip. "She thinks we haven't gotten married yet. Heck does she even remember that Aakifah's pregnant with one of her son's child?!" I asked finally going berserk. Sheath gave a small laugh. 

"Relax..." He said slowly and gently. "We just have to keep reminding her everyday."

"Until when?" I asked, just as slow. 

"Until it's time to let it be." He said. "I'm coming home right now." He says as he says salaam (Islamic greetings of peace and blessings). My chest starts to tighten when I put down the phone. What's going to happen with us?

 Later That Day

"So, have you guys already chosen an apartment where you want to live in?" My father-in-law asked both his son and I. Sheath and I stared at each other blankly. When our father-in-law saw our blank faces, he put his hands over his face. "You two haven't even done that now, have you?" He asked us, sounding disappointed. 

"Well, I did look at one apartment which was affordable." Sheath said slowly. I gave him a both confused and amused look. "But I forgot to show it to Samaar." 

"What do you mean affordable. Aren't I paying for it?" His father asked him. 

"Abi... I've been working for two years now. You're already paying for our tuition. Shouldn't I at least do this on my own?" His father gave him a smile. We were sitting in my father-in-law's study area. It was warm and cozy and certainly away from his mother. As much as we all wanted her to be here, she wasn't capable of doing so. 

"So when do you think you'll be leaving?" My father-in-law asked us both. 

"Don't we have a lot of packing to do first?" I asked. "I mean, Aakifah's done most of her packing, but I haven't even started." I said sheepishly. 

"Don't worry about it. We'll go there a month earlier to settle in. So we get to stay in Canada for the next three months?" I asked excitedly. Sheath nodded.

I grinned. At least I can start nursing my mother-in-law back to normal... or I can at least wait for a miracle, can't I? I also get to be here for Aakifah which is cool cause I really can't wait to hold my mini Aakifah.