Chapter Twenty-Five

"I don't want to go in" I say to Jas into the phone as I stand outside Cole's door.

"Just shut up and go in Clara" Jas groans for the fifth time to me.

I came just on time but got panicked and decided to call Jas because I don't want his parents to hate me or anything.

"But J-"

The door opens revealing Cole standing there with a smile on his face.

"What happened?" I hear Jas ask through the phone.

"I'll call you later" I reply back not taking my eyes off Cole and cutting the phone off at the same time.

His eyes leave mine as they travel up and down by body in a non-creepy way.

"Have I ever told you how good you look in pink" Feeling my cheeks go red I look down at the ground and tuck a loose piece of hair behind my ear. "And I love it how you get all shy whenever I compliment you" I see Cole's feet come closer into my view before his hands are placed on either sides of my cheek making me look up at him.

He leans forward and soon his lips are placed upon mine. My hand moves up onto his waist as he tugs me forward by wrapping one of his arms around my own waist.

His hand moves from my cheek and wraps around the back of my hair tugging on it softly to make my toes curl up in my shoes.

"Oh my goodness" Cole's lips immediately leave mine and he has his eyes shut while his mummers the word 'shit'.

Looking over Cole's head I see an older woman standing at the doorway with her hand over her mouth, before I can even say hello she walks off.

I think that was his mum and I guess she just saw us kiss. Great, I'm obviously off to a fantastic start of trying to make a good impression of myself.

"Cole" I say to him.

He opens his blue eyes and pulls the distance apart from us making me miss the comfort which was once there before.

"I told her not to come out" He says to himself more than to me.

"It's ok" I tell him trying to make him feel somewhat better. "I guess we should go in now" I say placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Come on then" He takes my hand which was on his shoulder and interlocks them.

He gives me that beautiful smile of his and makes me follow his lead into his house. The first impressions I get is: comfy.

There isn't anything extraordinary in the house and yet it's not so empty, it looks like a real family home and I really like that.

"Well you must be Clara" Switching my gaze from the home décor I'm met with someone who looks like a much older version of Cole- this must be his dad.

"Nice to meet you sir" Leaving Cole's side I stick my hand out and he shakes it.

"No need to call me sir darling, it's Stuart for you" I let out a small nervous laugh and he laughs along as well. "Cole, why don't you call your mother in here" Cole gives me a small smile and walks off leaving me with his dad.

"You have a very beautiful home" I tell him trying to build up conversation.

"Why thank you, you're a very beautiful girl yourself...I can see why Cole kept daydreaming for the last couple of months" He says with a wink.

His comment makes me blush up and I know where Cole has gotten his personality from now- like father like son.

"So this is the famous Clara whom my son can't stop talking about" The same woman who was at the door reappears in front of me with a smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you" I stick my hand out again like did with Cole's dad but his mum pulls me into a big motherly hug.

I hug her back and look over at Cole from her shoulder who is winking at me. Pulling apart from her she locks her eyes on mine.

Cole looks nothing like his mum except for the hair colour but I know that I've got no need to make an impression because they seem like really nice people.

"Come on, let's all go outside" She says patting my arms.

"Let's go then" Cole's dad says from behind me.

His mum leaves my side and walks off with his dad while I'm left behind with Cole. Cole is soon by my side and takes my hand in his.

"Now was that as bad as you thought it would be?" Cole whispers into my ear.

"I guess you were right then"

*************

I feel tears roll down my face as I clutch onto my stomach trying not to die from laughter at what I'm told.

"Dad, you promised you weren't going to mention that again" Cole says in anger towards his father.

"Cole you're so cute" I say pinching his cheeks while he still glares at his dad.

"See, Clara never ran away now did she?" His dad questions back to him.

"Ok fine, no more embarrassing stories off me" Cole says to his dad.

His dad picks up his wine glass and continues drinking from it.

"But I want to hear more" I complain.

"Darling, tell her more" His mother says who was sitting beside me.

"Clara" Cole says with a warning tone.

Sticking my tongue out towards him I get up from my seat and sit next to his dad who starts laughing.

"Well there was this one time....."