Chapter Three

Oh my goodness, where in the world is Jas? It's half eight, she was supposed to be here half an hour ago. She won't pick up her phone or even reply back to my text messages; if somebody killed her on the way here then it wasn't my fault.

"Clara, Jas is here so open the door!" I hear mum yell loudly from downstairs.

My mum is so loud I wouldn't be surprised if the whole neighbourhood heard her shout every single day. Getting up from my bed I open the door and run downstairs.

Quickly opening the door Jas gives me a small apologetic smile.

"Sorry- there was traffic" She says holding her hands up in defeat.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood" Shutting the door behind her we both head upstairs to my room.

Jas said it's been a while since we last had a sleep over so we thought why not. It might be a school night but who cares.

"I see you've already gotten everything ready" She says looking impressed.

Our sleepovers consist of some normal things: snacks, popcorn and a bunch of romantic movies to watch from.

"So what do you want to watch then?" Jas sits down on my bed and looks through the movies.

I know that we can always watch movies on Netflix but I like to keep things old fashioned.

"I want to watch Dirty Dancing" She says. Smiling at her choice I go over to the DVD and insert it in.

"Let me quickly get changed" She hops off the bed and goes into my bathroom, grabbing the remote I get comfortable on my bed and wait for Jas to come out.

Minutes later she finally comes out and sits beside me grabbing the bowl of popcorn.

"Play it" She insists.

Playing the movie I dim the lights and we watch the amazing Patrick Swayze on screen. An hour later Jas breaks my contact from the screen.

"Can you explain one thing to me?" She asks.

"What?" I ask pausing the movie.

"If you really liked Cole from the first time you saw him then why didn't you talk to him straight away. I mean if you think about it girls got interested in once they found that he fitted right in other than his good looks" I know what Jas just said is right but there's a long list.

"You know my friend Lola don't you?"

Jas scoffs and rolls her brown eyes.

"How could I forget someone like that?" She replies back with sarcasm.

Jas doesn't like Lola one bit and I have no idea why.

"Ok so you know who she is. Basically, Lola and Cole used to go out" Jas's eyes widen as she leans forward with a shocking expression on her face.

"When was this and why didn't you ever tell me?" She asks in shock and confusion.

Looking down at my lap I start to play with my long fingernails. This topic is something I don't exactly like talking about.

"You are going to talk and you are going to talk right now Clara" Jas says sternly.

"This happened when Cole first joined the school and when you were still on holiday" Jas's lips are pressed together firmly as she slowly nods her head.

"If you don't want to go out with Cole because of Lola then I think you're stupid. Who broke it off between them anyway?"

"Lola, who else" I say stating the obvious.

Lola is the kind of girl who goes out with guys whenever she wants and she is always determined to get what she wants.

"If Lola was the one who broke it up between them then I'm sure she won't have a problem if you go out with him- she did end it may I remind you" Maybe Jas has a point. Lola was the one who ended it between her and Cole from what she told me so I'm sure she won't have a problem.

I mean, I hope she doesn't have a problem because the last thing I would want is rivalry between my friend and my crush.

"You're right" I say to Jas.

"Ok forget about Lola. Eye contact has been made with your lover. Step one is completed, now for step two"

"Now you've got my full attention" I say between laughs.

Jas laughs as well and crosses her legs together.

"Ok so step two is small conversation" I nod my head and let her continue talking. "So we now have science at the end of this week so it'll give you some mental preparation. The next time you sit down on the table ask for a spare pen"

"That seems ok" I reply thinking about it.

"Yeah but don't just ask Cole, ask the rest of the boys as well. If you direct it just towards Cole then it's going to be obvious what your attentions are"

"But Jas I feel like I should confirm my whole intentions with Lola first- I feel bad" Jas slaps me on my arm making me flinch back in pain. S

he's so violent it's unbelievable.

"You have nothing to confirm because you and Cole aren't even dating, hell, you aren't even friends with him yet. You are not going to say anything to Lola, you understand?"

"Alright, I won't"