Chapter Twelve

So Mrs Allen did the most amazing thing in the world and swapped around our seating plan. I still sit next to Cole and Riley, Gabriel ended up moving and Jas took his place instead.

Mrs Allen said and I quote 'you girls need to start bonding again, otherwise it'll be the end of the world' but little does she know that me and Jas are still friends.

I'm seated next to Jas with Cole across from me and Riley beside him. The project ended up getting cancelled which is why Mrs Allen moved our seats as well.

"Why am I doing science again?" Riley asks looking at all of us in confusion.

"I think we're all asking ourselves that question" Jas replies back to him.

"Bro, you know you're the only one who's actually good at this shit from all of us" Riley says to Cole while yawning.

Cole replies back to him and soon they're talking about boy stuff. Turning my head towards Jas she looks at me with the same look on her face.

"And they say we talk a lot" Jas says with an eye roll.

"Tell me about it, especially Riley" I say looking over at him to see he is in a deep discussion with Cole.

"Ok so let's talk about your next step then" Jas says clapping her hands gently together to drag attention towards us.

I lean my chair more towards her and raise my eyebrows in question.

"What is it?"

"Because you and Cole are always talking now, why don't you ask him for revision sessions and make study dates with each other. That way you can see him every day out of class as well and who knows, he might end up asking you out"

"Ok, shall I ask him now?" I ask feeling the smile on my lips widen.

"Yes, I'll bring the topic up" We both sit back straight and compose ourselves.

"You know, I could help you out Clara but you're just so dumb" Jas states out loud exaggerating on her point, shooting daggers at her with my eyes I try to play along.

"Clara's not dumb" Riley points out to me.

"Thank you Riley, I just have a hard time understanding science and Jas is the worst teacher in the world, all she does is shout and throw things" Which is very true.

"The way we learn things is through shouting"

"Yeah but it isn't through throwing things"

"If you want, I can help you revise" Cole says from where he is sitting.

Yes, it worked! Finding Jas's leg I kick her and she lets out a small cough.

"Really, I hate to be a bother"

"No, it's fine. I'll find you later on today and let you know when we can do it" He says with that charming smile and twinkly eyes of his.

"Sure"

"Am I included?" Riley asks ruining the moment.

"No you're not; it's just the two of them. If you want, I can help you study" Jas says to him with a wide smile.

"I'm all good" Riley replies back sinking into his chair.

Another step closer to Cole...check!