Chapter Two

"He looked at me Jas- can you believe it?" I ask jumping up and down as we exit the classroom. Her eyes widen as she gives me a high five.

"Good thing you were the one who moved over to that table" Jas says winking at me. I run a hand through my hair and bit my lip.

"You know it's not that bad sitting on the table. I have Riley who talks to me and Gabriel is kind of ok, he isn't that bad" I tell her. Jas suddenly stops the both of us in our tracks and looks at me with her wide eyes once again.

"What happened?"

"Why don't you get to Cole by Riley? Think about it Clara...Cole, Gabriel and Riley are close mates so it would make sense if you talked to Riley more" She says with a snap of her fingers. That's actually not that bad of an idea.

Me and Riley do get along but then Cole might end up getting the wrong idea from all of this.

"I think me making process on my own is fine Jas"

"Suit yourself. You know we've got science again last period so you are going to talk to Cole non matter what"

"Alright mum, let's go- I'm starving" We both walk to the cafeteria and talk about how we both hate the stupid group task thing we have to do in class.

"I'll wait for you at the table" I tell her as she waits in the line. She smiles and I walk off to our normal spot at the far end of the cafeteria. Sitting down on the low chair I get my lunch out but wait for Jas to come before I begin.

My eyes start to drift around the room taking in some people eating and some of them standing around. Come on Jas, hurry up. I feel a vibration coming from my lap realising that my phone is ringing.

Wonder who's calling me at this time. Getting my phone out I look at the caller ID to see its Jas. Why is she calling me?

"Jas?"

"The line's taking forever" She grumbles into the phone. I roll my eyes and put my bag beside me.

"So you decided to call me?"

"What else am I doing right now?"

"What shall we talk about then?" I ask her looking down at my lunch bag playing around with it.

"How about the new fit gym teacher" Looking up from my lunch bag my breath catches in my throat at the sight of Cole Davidson walking towards my way; of course not directly towards me but past my table.

"CD in sight" I hiss into the phone. Jas immediately starts laughing and I look away from him trying not to make it obvious that I was looking.

"Did you really say CD? We never really had a nickname for him" She says continuing to laugh.

"What else was I supposed to do, yell his name?" Looking behind me I see that Cole is now seated on the other end of the room with Riley, Gabriel and some other guys.

"Hey I'm finally getting served; I'll be there in a few"

"Alright" I cut the phone and place it on the table and I lean my face against my hand. CD isn't that bad of a nickname- maybe I can openly talk about him when he's around now.

*********

Feeling nervous as we stand outside the class I look over at Jas with big frightened eyes.

"I know I've mentioned this one too many times before but I know he looked over at me, does that mean anything?" I ask her.

"Of course, don't be silly. Eye contact is the first crucial step. That's my number one step for you Clara: eye contact"

"But you said to talk to him?"

"Yes ignore what I said. I want you to make eye contact with him as many times as you can" I nod my head as quick as I can and we both go into the classroom. Great, nobody is even here yet. Jas decides to come to the new table I have to sit on and we just talk about the whole eye contact thing.

Hearing sound of footsteps I look around to see Cole is walking into the classroom. Jas winks and gives me a thumb up before walking back to her table- here goes nothing. Letting out a deep breath I look at my phone and just run through some of my apps.

Cole walks past my breath and like the weirdo I am I inhale some of his perfume from when he walked past me- that seems good. Looking up I see that he is looking around the classroom, more like observing it.

Ok so he's not looking at me, that's ok because then he would just look like a weirdo. Maybe he's looking at me now. I should look up, it won't kill anybody. Sweeping my eyes back up

 I see his sea blue eyes locked on mine

Quickly looking back down my heart beat picks up speed from the slight eye contact we just had

Quickly looking back down my heart beat picks up speed from the slight eye contact we just had. He was looking at me, oh God he was looking at me. I hope he can't see the blush which I now know has formed on my cheeks.

Letting out a small fake cough I put my phone away as loud voices enter the class.

"Bro, where were you?" I hear Gabriel ask Cole from behind me.

"Mr Mohammed wanted a word with me about something man" Cole replies in his deep voice which always sends shivers down the back of my spine.

"Clara you feeling cold?" I hear Riley ask from beside me. Where did he comes from, I didn't even notice him sitting next to me.

"No what makes you think that?" I ask looking at him.

"Well you sort of shivered"

"I'm fine- thanks for asking anyway" Riley gives me a small smile and I quickly turn around focusing on the lesson which I was supposed to do. Cole Davidson you will be the death of me one day.