Chapter Seven

Jas nudges me in my stomach making me glare at her but she just points straight ahead and my eyes widen.

"Hi Cole!" I shout to him.

He looks over at me before sitting down in his seat and gives me a small smile before concentrating on what Gabriel was saying to him.

"You are the biggest idiot in the world" Jas says covering her face with her hand.

I look around to see some people looking my way and laughing, looking down myself I play with my food with the fork that was in my hand.

"I know I'm an idiot, no need to remind me" I moan back in disappointment.

Jas looks at me from underneath her hand and just continues shaking her head.

"When I nudged you I just wanted you to know that when he was walking towards his table he was looking at me but you decided to be an idiot and call him out" Jas says with an eye roll but what I managed to get from all of that was he was looking at me.

Cole was looking at me...when he could be looking at any other girl in this whole school. I know that doesn't mean that he likes me but him looking my way mean's everything and I wish I could have seen him looking.

"You did say to talk to him regularly now" I say trying to defend myself before taking a sip from the coke tin.

Jas lets out a scoff and wipes her hands with a tissue paper.

"Clara, when I said talk to him regularly I didn't mean to shout his name out and embarrass yourself" She says while laughing at the same time.

"Meanie" Sticking my tongue out at her, she pocks her finger in my cheek so I slap her hands away.

She decides to slap my hands and we end up having a slapping hands competition.

"I didn't know girls could be so brutal with each other" Looking around, I feel a really bad sting on my cheek and I know immediately it was Jas who slapped me.

"Jas what in the world?!" I ask placing my cold hand on my burning cheek.

Her mouth is hung open like a fish as she grabs hold of my other hand in her own.

"I'm so sorry that was an accident, I didn't mean to slap you"

"Like I said, I didn't know girls could be so brutal" Looking back at the person who said that it was Riley who is looking at me and Jas with a smile on his face.

"Tell her that not me" I tell him.

He lets out a small laugh and helps himself to the chair opposite ours.

"I was about to leave with Cole and Gabriel when Cole pointed out that you both were slapping each other so I decided that I needed to watch the entertainment from front row"

"Wait...did you say Cole pointed out that we were fighting?" I ask double checking whether I heard him right.

"Yeah, he started laughing and we asked what happened and he pointed at both of you" Next to me Jas lets out a loud laugh as well as a loud slap of her palm on the table.

I can't believe Cole saw something like that, I really am an idiot.

"Clara is immune to embarrassing herself Riley, you have no idea" Jas says trying to get off her laughter attack.

Riley laughs along with her and gets up from the chair.

"I got to go; the guys are waiting for me. See you both in science tomorrow"

"You too-bye" Jas waves Riley goodbye and the both of us watch him walk out of the doors.

Leaning my head down on the table I proceed to bang it up and down on the table lightly so I don't cause myself any pain but make sure that I try to let out everything that just happened.

"Like I said, you are immune to embarrassment"

"Shut up Jas"

"Whatever you say Clara, whatever you say"