Chapter Fourty: A Valiant Speach From My Heart

HEY Y'ALL! Tee hee... Tee hee hee... SOOOOO... I LIED ONCE AGAIN!!!!! ONE MKRE CHALTER AFTER THIS ONE!!! Tee hee!!! I couldn't manage to fit it all into one last chapter!!! Too much awesomeness!!!! So, after this chapter, there will FOR SURE be one lat one, then the epilogue, and then the soundtrack. I strongly encourage you to look up the songs. I will be holding a small contest (well, more like an optional trial, I surmise...) to see if y'all can guess what part and/or chapter some of the songs are on. It should be simple enough, since some of them are on the chapters! Lol. Whoever can will get the first chapter ofthe second book dedicated to them, and will get to be in the story as Claudinias coworker and friend. It isn't a manor role, but a good one! :)

So, as always, VOTE COMMENT FAN!!! :)

-Haeley

CHAPTER FOURTY

I hid behind one of the giant, dark trees of the forest, just three heard from where Harry stood, alone, before the infamous Voldemort. "The boy who lived..." Mocked Voldemort, his voice so low I could hardely hear him. "Prepare... To die."

Hagrid, who was tied up by serval Death Eaters that surrounded the area, coming to both back up their Lord and watch their victory be named, yelled out. "No, 'arry, no!" He cried in disbelief and sadness. The Death Eaters tugged on the ropes that binded the gental half giant, gushing his disputes like an animal.

Voldemort raised his wand, the pale, cracking Elder Wand, and, with much long-awaited gusto, triumphantly spoke the killing spell. I should have turned away, averted my eyes. But I just... Couldn't. I don't know why.

Perhaps I wanted to watch and see if his spell would, once again, fail. Perhaps the spell would deflect, or the wand would break. Bit as the flash hit Harrys strong-standing body, the only thing that happened was my friends figure falling to the ground, lifeless.

I covered my mouth, tears spilling over my cheeks. He was dead... Actually dead. Voldemort waited a moment and I heard Hargid begin to cry. "Narcissa. Check him." Voldemort ordered.

Narcissa, Dracos mother, hesitantly walked over to where Harry lay unconscious. She knelt down besode him and leaned her face down, pressing her fingers to his pulse-points. From my spot, I thougt I saw her dark brown eyes widen, and she looked back down to Harry.

A small spark of hope ignited in my mind as her lips soundlessly moved, secretive and sad, yet hopeful. I couldn't really see, but I couldve sworn Hareys head moved in a nod. With that, the woman who resembled her son stood, dusting the dirt off her black dress.

She stared forward, not daring to look back and look into his red eyes, gleaming wih malice. She looked as if she had just seen a ghost, pale and wild-eyed; yet her voice was smooth and not shaky in the slightest. "Dead." She proclaimed, and Hagrid sniffled loudly. But I couldn't help but think he wasn't.

They ordered Hagrid to retrieve Harry, and carry his dead body back, for all to see. It was twisted, but I hoped that if he really was alive after all, he had a plan. I didnt want to have to leap into action with this little time to come up with a plan. The gental giant carried Harrys limp body in his large, thick arms, and the large group led the way back to the castle.

After a minute of making sure I could follow undetected, I followed after the group. I managed to sneak along, biding behind a chance if stone from the bridge in a rather large mound of wreckage, and watch the scene unfolding before me. As I stepped down and crouched, something caught me eye. Impolite downnto find an old, worn cloth. When I picked it up and dusted it off, I realized t was the Sorting Hat. I heaved a melencholy sigh. "Hello, old friend." I whispered to myself, tucking the hat into my pocket by it's top. I came late enough to cath the last parts of Voldemort speaking.