Chapter Thirty Eight: A Shattered Soul

HEY Y'ALL! OMG, one chapter left!!!!!! OHAI!!!! Thats right, I rock!!! This is probobly my most INTENSE CHAPTER YET!!! OMGZ!!! Vote comment fan, and enjoy!!!

-Haeley

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

I led the three at a fast paced walk, breaking into a low-to-the-ground run once we got within earshot distance of the small, unkept shack outside, I made my steps inaudible. Harry, Ron, and Hermione did the same, and we were in close range, coming up the back side of the shed, when we hears rasping voices.

I picked out Voldemorts right away. There was no mistaking the voice that hunted mine, as well as hundreds of others, thoughts and dreams. But couldn't quite pinpoint the other. We weren't near enough yet.

As we approached the shack, the three of us hid behind a stack of old crates, pressed against them and the ground. Voldemorts hissing voice became audible. We had come in at the middle of a conversation, it appeared.

I couldn't see inside he shed, with inky a small crack about an inh wide to show. Only the small window able me showed part of the intended target: Nagini, hovering unsupported, suspended in midair inside a magically protected orb beside Voldemort.

"-and it is doing so without your help." Biased Voldemort. The second person spoke, urgent and skittish. "Let me find the boy.er me bring you Potter. I know I can find him, My Lord. Please." I had to cover my mouth to keep from crying out. It was Snape.

My Snape was here with him, alone... I had a very sick, twisted feeling about what was occurring. Snape strode past the small gap, and Harry drew back a little at my close left. SnPe was mere inches from us. He looked as if he was trying to figure ot something, and I preyed that whatever plan he was cooking up was enough to save the love of my life.

Voldemort stood up. I could see him now, horrid red eyes, flat, serpent-like face, pallor skin. "I have a problem, Severus." He announced, voice low and raspy.

"My Lord?" Said Snape, Voldemort raised his Elder Wand, holding it delicately and precisely as a conductors baron. "Why doesn't it work for me, Severus?" He asked softly.

"My- my Lord?" Said Snape blankly. I felt my breathing turn ragged, and tears of patronizing worry and panic threatening to shed from my eyes. I wanted to rush in there, run in and throw myself in front of Snape. I wanted to save him. I wanted to die trying, no matter what. I hoped Voldemort was having a simple discussion with him.

"I do not understand you," continued Snape carefully, "you have preformed extraordinary magic with that wand." He persuaded. "No." Replied Voldemort dully. "I have preformed my usual magic. I am extraordinary, but this wand... No. It has not revealed the wonders it has promised. I feel no difference between this wand and the one I procured from Ollivander all those years ago."

Voldemorts tone was musing, calm, but I felt my gut twist inside of me. I was just mere seconds away from darting out there, stopping this mess. I just needed a clear sign that Voldemort intended to kill Snape.

Beside me, Harry could hardely contain himself, eyes squeezed shut as he held his scar. I was concerned, but the ongoing scene with my Severus was to distracting, absorbing up all my concern like a sponge.

"No difference." Voldemort said again.

Snape said nothing. I wish I could see his face, see what he looked like that moment. Fearful? His usual calm composure? Was he trying to find the right words to reassure Voldemort? I feared for him.