Chapter Nineteen: Not Even The Truth

CHAPTER NINETEEN

I trailed behind Snape slightly, aware that I needed to find a way to see father. Just to try and save father. I didn't want him to go to Azkaban, and knowing he would be here today... I had to try. But I knew Snape would do everything he could to make sure I didn't. I had to figure a way to escape, but I needed the perfect timing. I had to be sure rather was here, so I wouldn't be forced to running around avoiding Snape and hiding until he was.

I was far enough behind Snape to watch his robes billow behind his step. He seemed to Cary such power and grace with him, and I realized I could just watch him forever. Then I realized I appeared to be some crazy creeper, walking behind him and watching him. I sped up to his side.

"So, what shall we do now, Snape?" I asked him curiously. Surely the man had a plan. He wasn't the type of person who played it cold turkey. Snape, still staring straight ahead, replied: "I will review you on your defense spells." he told me easily. Alright. I could do that. Though it would be harder to escape his watch in his classroom. I'll have to play this one by ear.

As we came into his classroom, bottles of potions and tables full of parchments, dusty books, cauldrons and test tubes, it reminded me of a juggles mad scientist. I recall seeing a muggle book called 'Frankenstein' a few years back. The picture onthe book was similar to this room, I thought, amused. Snape, the mad scientist. He closed the door immediately after I entered the room, and then walked across the room. He stood a few feet in front of me, facing myself. I withdrew my wand from my stocking, and held it across my chest. He did the same, and we put them to our sides an instant later, both of us turnig around. Ten steps, and then we duel. One, two, three, four...

I though quickly of a spell. Expelliamus? Stupefy? No, he'll be expecting those. I had to use something unpredictable.

Eight, nine, ten-

I turned fast, my wand pointed at his figure. He retaliated first. "EXPELLIAMUS!" He shouted. It his me in the left shoulder, and I staggered backwards. I fell to the floor, and my wand flew from my hand. I scrambled away, rolling fast as his next spell his the floor where I had been milliseconds ago. I took a fast look around and Spotted my wand. I bounced to my feet, grabbing it up and facing him again. "LOCOMOTER MORTIS!" it his me, and my kegs suddenly locked up. Stuck where I was, I shouted the first spell to come to my mind. "CONFUNDUS!" I cast, and it his him dead on. Success. Snape fumbled, momentarily confused. I hit again. "INCARCEROUS!"

Snape staggered back to his desk, and I knew I got him. For once. My very first success against Snape, and perfect timing, too. He was bound and stuck in my spell, invisible ropes tight around him, making it impossablemto move. I ran up to him, and looked into his black eyes. He knew what I was doing.

"DON'T!" He warned me severely. I remained calm. "I'm sorry." I leaned down and gave him a peck on the cheek, turning and fleeing from the room, Snape yelling after me furiously. I closed the door behind me. The spell would wear off soon, so I had to use my head start to its best advantage.

I sprinted down th hall, empty and foreboding with it's quiet stillness and shallowly dim torches. I turned corners, expecting to run in to someone. Nothing. I easily made my way up to Dumbkedores office.

I snuck up the staircase, straining to hear for any voices. I reached the doorway and, after a minute of silence, peeked in. It was empty. "Shoot." I whispered. Turned back around, padding down the stairs again, and into the open hallway. As soon as I hit the first corner, I heard rapidly approaching footsteps. I could easily tell who's they were: Snape.

I cursed bloody hell under my breath and ran faster, leaping to greater my distance but lessen my noise making. Sure, it looked a bit ridiculous, but it wasn't like anyone was watching me. Besides; I had to hurry. It was Kate in the day, and surely father would be here soon, if not now.