Chapter Twenty Nine: Alternate Reality

HEY Y'ALL! So I'm REALLY sorry it took me so long to update!! I've been buisy, and procrastinating on finishing up this chapter. But it's all about to get MAJOR!

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Cassandra. Cassandra Burkely. Something about that name... I knew the school had to cary dozens of Cassandras, but why would one randomly show up on the map? It must have a purpose. Therefore, I was compelled to follow after it. I jumped from my spot on the bed, slipping into mu house shoes and lucky I still had my normal attire on, the the hour was late.

The name was rapidly defending down past the great hall, so I had a little traveling to do before I reached it. Hopefully I would lose the name. I didn't want to let myself down, so I decided to take the Snape approach on this one and not get my hopes up high. As I made my way down, I kept my footing quiet as possible, keeping away from the last bit of roaming students and such; it was a lot more simple now, withthem map and all to inform me ahead of time.

"You must be a clue." I muttered under my breath to myself. Surely this meant something- it had to. I've been begging for a clue to my past all this time, and I know now that I have found one. Could it be a roaming ghost of my mother? There was no way she could be in the castle: not only was that utterly absurd, but also impossible.

Yet, it didn't make any sence. Someone would know if my mothers spirit lurked about the castle. Plus, she was a muggle. She couldn't be here period. So it must be a student roaming.

Though something told me it wasn't. Some force urged me on, trudging my feet to the destination, until I met with the name holder on the map. Finally, after what seemed to be an eternity, I rounded the corner where the footsteps were. They ran at a furious pace, which boggled me. Why would a student be running this quickly? It wasn't even past curfew time yet.

I planted my feet firmly on the ground, and waited as the object of my attention approached at anstartling speed. I stared at the map. Just a few feet away... Just a few... Just... Closer...

And just like that, nothing came. The footsteps whizzed by me, only the tapping sound and a slight pause indicating anything was even there. I was dazed. A ghost.

I trudged along to Care Of Magical Creatures class, on the rimmed edges of the forest. Hagrid apparently had something to show us all, his excitement bubbling over. Last time this occurred, Buckbeak was the new arrival, and we all know that didn't end well. Hopefully this would turn out better, for everyones sake.

The giant man stood tall and fulfilled, arms crossed and a small smile playing on his rustic, brown-bearded lips. "Now class, pay attention. I've got a special lesson for today." He announced. Everyone turned their attention to him and hushed. Hagrid then stepped aside, revealing a caged creature. Luna instantly knew what it was, of course. She seemed to know everything about all the commonly unknown creatures.

"That's a Fairy." She pointed out. This one was obvious, and a little more interesting than I intended. Fairies were beautiful little creatures, though devilish. They were passionately wild creatures; but Hagrid pleasantly went on with his teachings. "That's right. And I'm the only one known to tame em." He gloated.

I'm the back of the crowd, Draco Malfoy scoffed haughtily. "Right." He challenged. Hagrid calmly went on with his lesson, ignoring the Slytherin boy. "Anyways, today you will be studyin' there blighters."

"A day wasted on watching fairies." Muttered Draco, and his goons, Crabe and Goyle, chuckled. Hagrid shifted uncomfortably, and I remembered the other day with the Boggart. He happily kept my secret, and didn't judge or question me for a second. I owed him. Clearly my throat, everyone watched in awe as the silent girl stepped forward towards the caged fair and spoke up.