Chapter Twenty One: The Room Behind The Waterfall

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOMEEEEE! Hey y'all, it's your author, Haeley :)

Just wanna thank all y'all SO MUCH for reading, and it makes my day when I get all the lovely comments and pleas to upload :)))

Y'all are the BEST!!! And for all y'all: A NEW CHAPTER! YAY! Y'all will love his one! ITS SO CUTE! I LIVE SNAPE! But his isn't my FAVORITE chapter to write (hint hint), that one will be coming up very soon (hint hint)! So KEEP READING!!! And enjoy!! Tell me what y'all think, and how y'all are liking it so far! Other stuff like what y'all think will happen and what y'all want to happen would be cool too! So, here it is, viola! :)

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Snape led me by the hand outside. Breakfast was still going on, since we began ours early. A new, fresh blanket of snow had fallen over night, and I felt almost guilty about breaking it while I stepped through it. It was just so lovely. Our fingers still twined together, Snape stopped a ways away from the castle, maybe halfway between it and the Quidditch fields.

"What are we doing?" I asked him, baffled. We were standing out in the open, on a cold winter day, with nothing particularly special around us for a distance. I had no idea what he had planned. "Hold on to me." He ordered, and I did so willingly. Snape kicked around in the snow, mumbling curses under his breath, until his foot hit something solid and metallic. It appeared to be a cauldron, or goblet of some sort.

Itwisting branches, reaching for the white sky. Everything was white. Behind us a few feet lay a pond, which was connected to a small creek through a low waterfall.

The water was absolutely frozen still, and the air bubbles and ripples were caught dead-center, as if it happened instantaneously. The waterfall, only about as tall as Snape, was also frozen mid-fall, waves and rushing tides creased and flowing downwards magecticly. It was like something out of a fairytale.

"Oh, Snape... Th-this is...I Amazing." I breathed. Still captivated by the nature around me. Snape drew me closer, and I felt like flying. Nothing could get me down now. This was all too perfect. "I'm glad you like it. I though you would." He answered. I looked up at him. "Like it? Snape, I LOVE it. It's so beautiful. Like a dream, or a fairytale."

Snape was silent for a second. "What did you just say?" He asked in awe. My brow furrowed. Did I say something wrong? "Like it was a dream, or a fairytale... Why?"

Absently, he shook his head. "Nothing. Nevermind." And with that, he ushered me to the pond bank. We came to a halt at the edge. Snape took a step intothe ice, and I grabbed his arm. "Are you sure this is safe? I mean... What if it's thinner than you think...?" I warned. I didn't wantto take any chances on either of us falling into a freezing pond and possibly drowning. No thanks.

Snape rolled his eyes, moving his hand behind my back. "Do you think I would take that chance? Of course I made sure." He tiredly assured me. I nodded and hesitantly let him move me into the ice, and I followed him. It seemed sturdy enough. My only issue was keeping my balance. Snake seemed to had no problem with slipping; though I only wish I could say the same for myself. He held his usual grace and sturdiness, which I admired in my mind.

We eventually made our way to the frozen waterfall. Snape drew out his wand, saying some spell I didn't know. The ice waterfall cracked down the middle, slowly but in a perfect line, and moved to part.

It reminded me of wizard apartment buildings, the way they cut down the middle and opened up to a whole new place. Snape didn't wait for me to quit gawking and go first. He strode ahead, knowing I would follow after him on his heels, and I did.