Brother talk

Pan's POV

I feel guilty. I could've just given them the the proper cure,  I could have got Jane to Wendy and run, I could've gone to the police. But no, I had to be a coward. I did what they told me.

I regret that decision so much.

I was sitting in Jamie's room with my half-brother. (A/N Just a quick clear up in case any of you are confused. Cruella DeVil is their mother. Elsa, Peter and Jamie are all siblings but Pitch isn't Peter's dad.) He was just playing on his gameboy. I honestly have no idea what goes on in his head a lot of the time.

"You shouldn't feel guilty," he said not even looking up from his game, "we did what we had to do. No point regretting what's been done."

"So your telling me you don't even feel an ounce of guilt for what we did to our sister?"

He closed his game and looked at me with a somber expression, "not in the slightest. I warned her not to trust so easily, not my fault she's naive." Insensitive jerk.

Sighing I lay on the bed using my arm to cover my eyes like they do in anime. Why did I have to do it? Why couldn't I have taken Jane with me? Why am I so weak?

"Look Pete-"

"Don't call me that." I murmured still covering my eyes.

"If it helps, at least your precious girlfriend is a little safer than before. But on the downside, you'll never know when our fathers will use her against you again."

I sat up and looked over to Jamie, "would you have done anything different?"

"Dunno." He said, "probably not, but I wouldn't sit around and mope like a pu-"

"If you finish that word I will wash your mouth out with soap." I threatened turning to glare at him. He put his hands up in defense with a smirk on his face.

"You're the one with a terrible mind. For all you know I could have been saying public embarrassment. Anyway, as I was saying, I wouldn't mope and would actually do something. But I'm me, and I couldn't care less. After all I am an insensitive jerk."

How did he know what I was thinki-

"It's not that hard to tell what you think of me. After all, I am only a bastard half brother to you." He sighed and smiled sadly, "but it doesn't matter, I doubt you'd ever see me as anything more than a nuisance. Can you get out of my room now?"

I stood up and walked out of the room thinking. When did I ever think that? I asked myself. Why does he think that? I stopped walking and lowered my head in realization. I don't think I've ever shown him that I care about him. I never talked to him heart to heart or gave him advice or anything a normal brother should do?

Well, what was I supposed to do?! It's not like my life was perfect either!

But... he's my little brother. At times, I knew he needed me, but... I was too much of a coward to actually help him. 

Why am I so weak? I thought as I slammed my fist into the wall, why can't I be strong?

I lifted my head and looked in front of me with a nonchalant expression as I made my way to the cells where Jane was being kept.

I need to make sure she's okay.

However, I paused for a moment and looked back at my brother's door. That didn't last long, as I turned away to walk away.

Jamie's POV

When Peter left I dropped my game to the floor and brought my legs to my chest and looked down. 

I'm worthless. Were the words going through my mind. No body needs me. Nobody's life would change if I just disappeared.

My dad hates me, my mother is insane, I hurt my sister, my brother doesn't want me. I'm just extra cargo that no one wants but can't get rid of.

The truth, I hate what I did to Elsa, but what choice did I have? My dad... my dad...

I didn't have to do it did I?

I didn't have someone to lose like Peter. I don't have any reason to go along with dad at all. Yeah he may threaten me, but it's not like he puts a knife to my throat. A lot of the time.

People don't need me.

And people don't care about me.

Not even my brother.

I felt tears prick at my eyes and wiped them away curling up on my bed shaking slightly

I am worthless.

I am unwanted.

I don't remember a time where anyone has shown me even the slightest affection whatsoever. I don't even know my own fricken birthday for Christ's sake.

My heart hurts. I feel empty. What can I do to get rid of this feeling? Would anyone in the world be willing to hug and comfort someone as worthless as me?

"I don't want to be alone anymore." I whimpered as I felt a tear trail down my face, "I don't want tp be so scared anymore." And eventually, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I cried.

Like full on sobbing really loudly clutching at my hair, "ahhhhhhhhhhh!" I continued to scream and cry.

My bedroom door swung open, but I didn't look up to see who it was, but they ran closer to me and wrapped their arms around me. I shoved my face into his chest (obviously by now I would've been able to tell if it was a man or woman) and held onto his shirt tightly.

"It's okay."

"P..Peter?" I whimpered.

His grip on me tightened "shhh, it's okay." He put a hand to the back of my head holding me closer, "I'm here. It's okay."

I continued to cry as my brother held me allowing me to cry on him.

"We'll get out of here." He said, "I promise. I won't let this go on. I'll get Jane outta here, I'll help Elsa and Jack and my first priority now, is to protect you."

"Why?"

He pulled away and smiled at me sadly wiping a tear off my cheek, "why? Because you're my little brother. I haven't protected you before, but I will now. You're my brother." He yanked me back into that hug and I was finding it harder to cry.

Brother...

He sees me as his brother.

So someone does care for me.

Brother. 

A/N Hi guys, I know I haven't updated in a long time, but I hope you guys can forgive me. I've had writer's block and I was trying really hard to think until this chapter just came to me. This isn't just a filler chapter, it will hold real significance soon and I'm taking this book off hold.

But the updates might still be slow.

I actually cried while writing this chapter because I've been kinda feeling how Jamie was feeling here but I hope you enjoyed the story either way.

Thanks for reading. 

Nicegirl334455