Power of Focus

“…And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 12: 1b-3

Did you know that water and light can actually cut through very hard objects? Several industries now use laser technology and water jet technology as effective means of cutting through materials like steel. Both technologies require large concentration of the elements focused at a very limited surface area, thus creating a shearing effect. 

From these, we can learn the power of focus. When we concentrate our energy and efforts on one life-changing cause, we can really make a difference. But what ought to be that focus?

Jesus showed us how focused He is at the cross. When still ministering on earth, people asked Him to be their king (John 6:15). For Jesus, the cross is far greater than the throne. Hebrews 12 even described him as having joy in what the cross would accomplish that he endured the cross. By this one powerful act, He ransomed the whole of mankind.

What is one life-changing cause that you can focus on? Consider Christ. Let Him be your focus: to honor Him, to love Him and to live for Him. Concentrate your efforts to loving Him and making Him known. In time, you would see how powerful the effects have been on people once they see the love you have for Him. 

Cut through all the distractions. Keep Christ your focus.