All Things Work For Good.. Really!

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

One of our limitations as humans is we don’t see how things would end. That is why we get so easily discouraged at the wrong turn of events, thinking that our “current” situation is already the end. Our mind could not really process how negative circumstances can yield positive results. 

But God really works things for the good of those who love Him. In the end you will see that God will turn your negative situation around to reveal His positive purpose. The empty cross, for example, reminds us not only of the suffering and death of Jesus but also of His resurrection. Jesus’ work never ends with death. But death was necessary prior to resurrection. 

Here is a very touching article I read that would remind all of us that God works all things for our good…really!

J.W. Tucker risked his life to bring the gospel of Christ to Congo in 1964. One day, at the height of lawless revolution, he was attacked and was killed by a mob. His body was thrown to the crocodiles of the Bomokande River. But God used Tucker’s death to lead many people to believe in Him. How did this happen? 

It was learned that two months before Tucker died, he led a police officer to believe in Jesus. The police officer, moved by the faith of Tucker, tried his best to convince the people to believe in God but to no avail. Then one day he heard of an unusual tradition, “if the blood of a man flows in the Bomokande River, you must listen to his message.” He went to the people and told them about Tucker whose blood flowed in the river and died. He said before Tucker died, he left a message: Jesus Christ, God’s Son, became man and died for the sin of the world; people must repent of their sins and believe in Jesus. At this, the people of Congo turned to God and believed in Him. (Source: Marshall Shelley, “A Missionary’s Sacrifice Was Worth the Cost”. PreachingToday.com)