Chapter Four

Kimberly's Point of View.

Bringing the car to a stop, I watched Abigail. She had opened the door wide and stalked out. Her blue eyes fixated on the ground. Getting out of the car, I followed her. "Wait up," I called running towards her. She glanced up. A confused look swept across her eyes. Brows furrowed she looked at me. Smiling, I grabbed her arm.

Gently I dragged her towards a bench. Sitting down, I watched her move across the table. "Why are we-" "Shhh," I interrupted. After a second attempt, she gave up. Her eyes flickered to the kids playing. I smiled she's so beautiful. My heart still ached. On the outside, I acted calm about the breakup but inside it still stung. I wouldn't tell Abi that. 

She was everything I wanted. There was nothing else I wanted but I couldn't admit that. I'm not straight but I'm not a lesbian either. Nowadays girls are coming out left and right, looking for attention. That was part of the reason I dare not say anything. I didn't want to be looked at differently. They might think all I wanted was the attention. Ahead Joey and Ian were walking over.

Abigail was still in her daze and did not notice. I prayed she wasn't too mad. Seeing them approach, I straightened. Tending to my hair I watched Abigail. "Hey," Joey greeted. Her body stiffened and her eyes flashed with annoyance. She put on a fake smile and turned. Shooting me an accusing glare she said, "Hi." Giving a small wave, I greeted them, "Hey."

Scooting over, I motioned for them to sit. "Sit," I said when they remained still. Joey quickly sat besides her, while Ian moved towards me. I sighed, he was so handsome. My whole body tingled from being so close. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. The smile I had turned giddy. I watched Joey whisper in her ear. She knew.

I shrugged an apology and turned to Ian. My eyes on his lips. They looked so soft, so kissable. "Hey beautiful," Ian whispered in my ear. I giggled nervously. His breath tickled my neck. My whole body was tingling as he scooted closer."Wanna go swing," Abigail suggested to Joey. Who in turn nodded eagerly. "Race yah," she challenged. Quickly she pushed away from the table and took off running. Joey shook his head and followed suit.

Abigail reached the swings first and sat down. Turning my attention towards Ian I smiled. "Now that we're alone," he trailed off. Slowly he began kissing my neck. Smiling, I gently pushed him back. He stared at my lips, as I did his. Leaning in, I crushed my lips against his. There was no fireworks like I hoped. But it was still pleasurable. My hands were wrapped around his neck, while his were around my waist. 

Reluctantly, I pulled away. Gasping for breath I turned in Abi's direction. Her hand was interlocked with Joey's. Jealousy surged through out me. I turned back towards Ian. Grabbing his beautiful face, I crashed my lips against his. His hands roamed over my back. He knew I wouldn't let him move them anywhere else. The sensation from kissing was similar to fireworks but duller. 

Pulling away I stared into his eyes. We gasped for breath. Scooting backwards, I watched his expression. His eyes flashed with wanting but he didn't push me. "You're beautiful," he cooed brushing my hair back. He continued complimenting but I didn't care. 

I grabbed his hand. Smiling I glanced at my phone. I groaned. "We should get going," I muttered. "Awe, so soon," he said. Nodding, I stepped away from the table. Sighing, he got up. Grabbing my hand, we slowly walked. With each step, pine needles crushed. I breathed in. The air smelt of nature. Pine needles, and rain. It was beautiful. Walking forward, I glanced at Ian. HIs face was void of emotion. 

"See," I exclaimed with false happiness. Disappointment showed on Joey's face. But Abigail's face told a different story. She was almost relieved to be interrupted. She was straight, so why did she seem to have no intrest in men. I thought back to the day we met. We were so young, I was once so bold. I smiled as I thought of our kiss under the slide.

It had been magical. Fireworks had gone off, my head had swirled and everything looked different. I'm not sure why I did it. Maybe it was because she was beautiful or I was young and confused. But after that kiss I wasn't confused. I knew what I wanted, her. But she didn't feel that way. I didn't regret it but I did wish she showed some sign she felt the same way. Not once had she mentioned it. The scene replays in my mind everytime I see her.

I strutted towards them watching her. Her eyes watched my hips sway as I walked towards her. Smiling I said, "Sorry to break up the party but we have to go Abi."  The relief showed in her eyes. She walked towards me quickly. Giving a small wave, she said, "Bye." Not looking back she ran. Turning to the boys, I said I a quick "Bye." Hastily I followed.