Chapter 43- Clarified Plans

Alexei Isaura flung his tunic onto the grass. He shuddered at the chilly winds that made immediate contact with his bare, alabaster chest.

            The leaves of the surrounding plants were breathtakingly beautiful; they were a soft mixture of red, orange, yellow, and brown. Some were a combination of two or more. Alexei picked up a heart-shaped leaf, and gently ran his thumb along its edge. Before winter came, Rosy would be free from the Devil’s control. At least, that was Alexei’s goal.

            He couldn’t do very much at the moment to achieve that goal. Alexei had resolved to commence a search for Cornelia’s bound spirit. He shot a glance at his tunic, whose sleeves were flying gently in the wind. Alexei’s attire from when he had met Rosy to presently had changed completely. From royal attire, he had fallen to wearing simple tunics and pants.

            This change in no way altered his physical build or appearance. Alexei was a man of unbelievably good looks and a lean build. He had inherited his appearance from his charismatic but scheming father, Ciceron Isaura.

            Ciceron Isaura was a man from legends. He had stretched out his single life from when Queen Cornelia lived to just three years before Rosy was born. His methods were known solely to himself. He lived for centuries. He continued to affect Tytania’s political and economical affairs throughout the course of his arduously lengthy life.

            His character had been that of a fighter. Ciceron Isaura never surrendered or succumbed to any threat or luxury. He was loyal to Tytania, and worked for its prosperity. However, his methods were inhuman, deceiving, and sometimes he resorted to scandals.

            Ciceron had had only two wives. His first wife was unable to give birth, and as Ciceron lived on, she aged and passed away normally. Ciceron didn’t remarry until Queen Vesta was crowned, which was exactly five hundred and seventy years after his first wife’s death.

            His second wife passed away while giving birth to Ciceron’s only son, Alexei. Ciceron cared for Alexei until he was twelve years old and then finally surrendered for the first time; he gave in to the boredom of living. Alexei was abandoned by his father, but Ciceron had left more than enough money for Alexei’s living and education.

            Alexei’s existence was soon forgotten. He passed the Academic Mark, Elemental Mark, and Magicals Mark under a different surname.

            Then, Alexei was resolved to seizing the Bahamut for himself after hearing of the quiet plot to re-raise the Devil. He succeeded, and passed an uneventful year at the dragon king’s lair.

            When he returned, he learned of Artemis accompanying Euphrosyne Rains. Alexei knew Artemis, and although he had never told her, he had seen her, Allegra, and Demetri during the cheerful moments of their childhood. The first time they had dwelt upon the subject, Alexei had blurted Allegra’s name out unknowingly.

            But he had heard of Artemis’s reputation as a merciless killer as well. Alexei initially suspected Artemis to be in collaboration with Demetri, and had tried to eliminate her in order to protect Rosy. However, he was pleasantly surprised to find that Artemis had indeed turned over a new leaf.

            Alexei smiled, and quickly donned his tunic. The sun was setting. It was time for him to begin his newest quest.

-

The Exedras Twins, Demetri, Cytheria, and Artemis sat in a circle around the dining table. Demetri had called for a discussion for clarity of their actual plans.