Changed (22)

Switching it up a bit.

Vance's POV

She's dying isn't she?" Brianna's voice asks softly. "Yeah she is." I respond calmly. "And when will she wake up?" Brianna asks. "There's not really a time limit. It's whenever her body will accept or decline the virus in her system. In Estrella's case she'll accept it due to Dracula's blood running through her, our veins." I tell her as I sit in the throne as I look down at my stiff sister laying on the ground.

"We need to move her." A young man with blue eyes, blonde hair looks up at me. (I never insert notes but if I'm wrong on hair color or eyes or something tell me please!) "Sterling right?" I ask taking a guess. "Yeah, and we need to move her." He tells me as I roll my eyes. "I wouldn't suggest that. Let her complete the process, moving her would slow down her change." I say annoyed.

"And who the hell do you think you are? You just come waltzing in and expect us to follow you?" Sterling stands up and yells at me. "Really now? You're going to start shit with me? Not sure you wanna deal with a demon." I say slowly standing up. "A demon!? Are you fucking kidding me? You're a normal vampire like everyone else, demons don't exist in this realm." Sterling yells.

"I wouldn't trust everything you hear. I'm her brother. The names Vance. For Estrella's sake you should really keep your voice down, you remember when you turned. Everything is amplified. At least she isn't in pain." I mumble under my breath as I sit back down. "Why is her heart still beating?" A young man with brown hair and blue eyes asks. (Again I may be wrong.) "What Tayo?" Sterling asks in shock. "Her heart is still beating, listen." Tayo repeats as I listen closely. I hear the calm pitter patter of her heart but not breaths coming out.

"She's not breathing, is she dead?" Brianna asks. "This isn't normal Vance." Tayo whispers. "Enough with this, I don't know how long it'll take for her to wake up. We have a castle to clean, and word to be spread about Estrella's reign. We can't sit around all night and patiently wait for sleeping beauty to wake up. And as of her beating heart do remember she isn't like us." I say getting up from the throne. I look down at Dracula's body with his head close by and I smile in victory.

"And spread the word that if any shall reject the idea of a new ruler they must deal with the demons, and with me." I add on.

Few hours later
Still Vance's POV

"Is father dead?" Tayo asks Sterling. "Yeah he is." Sterling calmly states as I look down at the vampires gathering in the castle yard. "What are you planning to say?" Tayo asks me as I smile. "I plan to say that their king has fallen and that a new queen has taken his place. Estrella should wake up soon." I tell them. "Why are you calling the shots?" Sterling asks. "Because no one else will. Now we have a waiting crowd." I tell him while I push open the balcony doors and step onto the balcony as eyes shoot up towards me.

"I am Vance, many of you do not know who I am. And that's ok. I am Dracula's son that he gave away to grant immortality. Anyway In recent news, Dracula's reign has ended. Estrella is in the process of change and will soon take the throne. Any of those who disagree with her reign will have to deal with me personally. All hail Queen Estrella." I scream out as collective gasps and shocked faces reach up to me.

I hear someone running towards me out of breath. "Vance, Estrella is awake." Brianna whispers as she approaches me. I nod my head and walk in the direction where she's at. "Vance." Brianna says once more. "Yes?" I ask. "She's not the same." She tells me even more hushed. "I know." I tell her and I run towards my sisters location. I open the throne room and I see Estrella leaning up against the wall with he forehead on her knees.

"Estrella." I call to her as he head whips up. "It hurts." She cries out. "I know, it'll be ok." I whisper as I walk closer to her. "Why do I feel like I need to kill everything in sight?" She says with a dry laugh. "You need blood, and you need to control yourself." I tell her as she sighs. "Is he dead?" She asks me. "Yes he is. It's your throne now." I tell her and her smile widens.

"Good. Those who follow my fathers rule over mine will die. I will kill all those who are not loyal to me. I will start this kingdom over and it will be better than before." She says laughing darkly against the wall.