Oh No (5)

Quick Authors note! 1st The Neighbourhood just came out with a new album. Just yes. Second, for those who have just jumped into the I am series(may change later not sure), I highly suggest you begin with the first book. So if you haven't read that... Might want to! Lastly HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Eek! I sure hope y'all have caught onto all the foreshadowing in this book.... So blah with that! Without further or due... (Is that what they say? Lol)

"Well duh I know we are in the mountains." I tell him a little annoyed. "I've missed you." He says bending down as he kisses my forehead. "So this lovely garden you speak off?" I ask as we continue to walk in the cool air. "Past these columns." He says as we approach some huge marble pillars in an arch with a nice little gate on the sides. "How is it that no one ever showed me this?" I ask as we begin to enter the flowery area. "Well considering you came here as a hunter, and that we didn't know how you would turn out." Sterling says looking down at me with a smile on her face.

I start laughing. "Now who would've thought that the badass hunter would end up as the thing she kills. Plus she's even dating one." I burst out laughing as he looks at me in question. "What's the matter with that?" He asks concerned as he pulls us to a stone bench to sit on. "Sterling, someday I will take this throne, I will become the Queen. With that being said, I've killed many of my own kind, no one can just let that slip by. No one wants a Queen who's killed her own god damn people." I tell him as I look around the garden as it loses its appeal to me considering the weight on my shoulders.

"Estrella, it's fine. No one blames you for what you had to do, you did what you were trained to do. It's not your fault, you were raised to kill us. No one is going to call you upon those deaths. Even if they do it'll never work, the council will rule it out considering that you were Raised to do this. You never asked to be a hunter it's just what happened. But look at it like this, you're home, you are back where you belong. You have a title to carry, you have a kingdom to run, it's okay. Please don't stress about it." He begs me.

"I just don't see it as fair considering that I killed all those people." I whisper as I watch him and he sighs. "Out of curiosity how many have you killed?" He asks in all seriousness. "You really don't want to know." I whisper. "Yes I do." He remains strict. "60 regular vampires, 45 rouges. Wait 47 now." I tell him as I count the current two I've just hunted down. "Dang. You are tough." He says smirking and I smack him on his shoulder.

"About your hunting." He continues. "Don't you dare tell me you don't want me hunting. You can't stop me. This stupid pendent, it has a gps in it. My phone does as well, it's not like you can't find me. Don't take away the one thing that I love to do." I narrow my eyes. "Woah. I wasn't planning to do that to you. I'm just saying I want you to personally check in with me. You are the next in line. God I'm surprised your father lets you do this. I'm going to get you a watch so you can contact me if anything bad happens." Sterling tells me as I yawn loudly.

"And now you're tired again, we didn't even get to see the garden." "I'm sorry, I can't help my body. I wanna eat something before I go to bed though, like soup. Yea soup." I say as I begin to walk back inside. "Why soup?" He almost laughs. "Because I want human food and soup seems like a good option." I tell him as he picks up his pace to reach me.

I lift the chicken noodle soup up to my lips and blow on it to cool it down as I take short bites while Sterling watches me with a glass of blood in his grasps. I begin to watch him back as we begin a starring contest. I turn away as I hear light footsteps down the stairs. I look back at Sterling in confusion as he looks past me and to the door. He quickly stands in front of me to protect me from whatever danger it could be. All of a sudden I see an older man walk in with dark hair and blue eyes as they match Sterling's and Cyprian's eyes perfectly.

I stand up quickly as I watch his eyes roam over me before he begins to laugh. "Now Sterling a halfling? How pathetic. You honestly think she of all people is going to take the throne? Look at her she can't even handle herself." He laughs as Sterling begins to growl. "Leave her alone Aeon. You do not control my love life Father. You could care less about what I do, why now?" He spits out darkly. "I have always cared about you. A half is week Sterling, we all know this. She doesn't even drink blood! She's not even full enough to take the throne! We all know a half can't handle a whole kingdom. So pathetic." He tells me as I begin to back up to the knife holder.

"Leave her b-" "Listen here and well. Do you know the shit I went through? Yeah I'm a half, but at least I wasn't born a human. You watch me take that damn throne and we'll see what happens to your little title. You're the side ruler, your opinions don't matter. You are looking at the future heir of the kingdom, I'd watch your words." I tell him as I pick up a knife as his eyes are on Sterling and I speed up to him as I press him up against the wall holding the knife up to his throat. "Now if I were you. Don't piss off an ex hunter. I've killed many. I can add you to the list." I whisper as his eyes turn slightly scared.

"I don't care what you are. All I know is that you are a disgrace. You weren't even raised as a vampire. Don't play dress up girl." He says as I growl and slam the knife into his arm as he hisses out in pain. "Do remember who's the prey and the predator." I say as I smirk and back off slowly and back to my room with Sterling hot on my heels. "You are such a badass." He says as he pins me against the wall before my bedroom and kisses me quickly. I feel my stomach beginning to turn as I know I'll throw up that soup. "Shit." I say as I flash to the bathroom in my room and get sick.

I feel Sterling begin to pull my hair back as I let my previous meal go. I can feel the metallic taste of the blood I drank in my mouth as I wipe everything off with my sleeve of my shirt. "Why are you sick?" Sterling asks worried as I turn around and look at him. "I don't know. This isn't the first time." I whisper. "Human food. Has to be. Your going to have to stay away from human food. I know that's what your body wants but it's not what it needs. You need blood. It will fill you up, you'll drink until you are no longer hungry. We have to try it." He whispers as he cradles me into his chest and I sigh.

"Maybe I'm not as human as we originally thought."