New Motives (18)

"So you want me to kill the vampires that you're too lazy to get?" I ask as I narrow my eyes. "Precisely. As queen you'll have more say to kill who ever you want. But as a hunter you hunt so no questions will be asked." He says as he leans against the wall. "And if I refuse?" I ask and he laughs. "No harm done. I'll just double my demons." "Then why do you want me to kill them if you can just get more?" I ask annoyed. "Because Estrella, they would submit to you in fear. A queen with loyal followers." He adds on.

"I don't want them to fear me. They already question my ability to hold the throne. I'm a half. I don't even know if I'll fully become a vampire or not if I die." I tell him. "I very much may be human and die and not come back." He laughs and laughs before he talks. "Oh don't tell me you actually believe that? Right? You are more of a vampire than you are human. You always have been. You just didn't fully awaken this side until recently. You can't even take human food anymore." He tells me.

"How would you know that?" I ask him. "Because I've kept an eye on you since I found out about you. While the nation lost their princess I found you in the hunter land. I have eyes everywhere. You could run for miles and I'd still be able to find you. God failed to fully disable the power I carry here. Everyone dies, I will always be able to find anyone." Lucifer tells me.

"So what of my father?" "Your father? Well by now the wolves should be there. Your brother will leave shortly and end him. Let the wolves distract them then he will move in and kill him once and for all." He says looking at his fingernails. "My father gave up his only son to become immortal?" I ask him. "Yes. That's exactly what happened. I've raised Vance since he was born. Little did I know that she was pregnant with another. Little did all of us know. He didn't deserve to have another kid, he couldn't even keep his first one." He tisks in shame.

"Yet you were born. A girl. I couldn't help but laugh at him. He needed someone to carry the throne and wanted a son, but he was given a girl. He prayed for a son, I'd hear him aloud. He couldn't even keep you safe. I wanted to raise you, I really did. But when I learned of your blood, and what you were then I knew that the hunters would help you more than I could. I knew of you being a half from the moment I saw you." Lucifer tells me.

"And of my brother? What was he?" I ask. "Vance was a human. On his 18th birthday I changed him to a vampire. You'll turn and become one of us, I can feel it. Enough talk. You should be healed by now. When was the last time you fed?" "Uhm I don't know." I tell him as he sighs. "You need to feed. Your human side is healed, your vampire side needs food."

"Stand up, come with me. I'll find you some food." He tells me as I slowly stand up. I feel slightly dizzy as my feet touch the ground. I notice I wear the silly hospital gown stuff. "Oh you need to change. Heavens no. You aren't wearing that. I'll gather you some clothes." He says as he disappears.

Before I know it he's back with black clothing in his hands as he hands it to me. "I'll wait outside. Do hurry." He adds on before he leaves and closes the door. I look at the clothing and notice it's workout type gear. It's tight in the right places and fits me comfortably. I notice he's given me some socks but no shoes, weird?

I hurry up and open the door as he turns his head and his red eery eyes look me over. "Much better." He adds on as he takes me wrist and begins lightly pulling me down a long dimly lit hallway. "Where are we going?" I ask. "To the feeding room. You need to eat." "Why didn't you give me shoes?" I ask as I notice he isn't wearing any as well. "Well one this is my castle and I don't allow shoes in my castle. Vance tracked blood from the front door all the way to his room and after that I banned them. That took weeks to get out." Lucifer tells me with an annoyed voice.

"You let him kill anyone?" I ask. "Yes and no. I'm the devil. And he's my son. Where else would he release his pent us stress? Knitting? As if. Killing is normal around here, well for my little family I have. It's what he was raised to do, what I've grown accustomed to. He doesn't just kill randoms, he kills those who deserve it. He helps me finish out my jobs. He has lists of names who he can hunt and kill. Names of the most wicked on your realm. That's who he kills." He tells me almost proudly.