Memories (7)

I feel horrible that I wasn't able to get a chapter up last weekend! I'm sorry, college has kicked up a notch. It's fine! Working, figuring it out! Enjoy!

"So you're telling me that I need to know all that?" I say looking at the huge stack of books resting on the table besides me. "Yes you do." Tayo tells me as he sits across me looking annoyed. "Oh crap I haven't seen my father yet." I say hushed and Tayo snaps out of his annoyed look and smirks at me. "Did you really stab him?" Tayo asks me all interested all of a sudden. "Yes Tayo I did, unless you've cleaned up the blood stain it should still be on the wall." I say rolling my eyes. "Man I would've killed to see that. You do realize he's going to make your life hell right? Not only are you dating his son, you stabbed him, and you're a halfling." Tayo says watching me closely.

"One let him try to make my life hell. Second I don't care if I'm dating h son, I like Sterling a lot. And lastly he deserved being stabbed, and Tayo we all know I'm not exactly 50/50 anymore." I say sighing. "I've yet to see red eyes when you feed so you're still human for the most part." "ESTRELLA!" I hear my dad yell as I tense. "Good luck!" Tayo says as he flashes out of the door. I hear my father walking up the stairs and I brace for the impact. He walks in with eyes ablaze in red and fists clenched to his sides. "Hey dad." I say waving a little, laughing internally at my reaction. "Don't you even hey me right now." He tells me loudly as the door slams all of a sudden.

"Why the hell did you stab him!?" He yells towards me. "Because he walked in and already hated me and started saying crap." I say annoyed. "You are with his son, you could've meet in a better setting!" He says screaming. "It's not my fault he hates halfs. That's his fault, I never asked for his smart tounge." I say snappy. "It's his fault he got stabbed? You have got to be kidding me!" Dad yells to the empty room. "He's your so called best friend but doesn't even like halfs? You do realize father, that your best friend hates my kind." I say narrowing my eyes.

"You know I never intended for you to be half. I thought you would be a normal baby girl. I figured you would be, it took a while for me to transition to what I am today, I never figured by feeding my blood to her it would effect you. I didn't even know she was pregnant until she begin to show, your mother kept things to herself.

"I never intended you to be taken, I never planned any of that. You were meant to be raised here, and turned when you were eighteen but they took you from me. And now I can't turn you because it's never been done before on a half, and I can't lose you. Estrella I love you, you know that but you can't just go stab people when they piss you off." He tells me while tears stream his cheeks as well as mine.

"Now I don't care if the hunters taught you to stab people that piss you off, but that's not how it works here. And I'm proud you can defend yourself, and I'm extremely proud that you were the best at what you did. Even if that meant that you killed us. You didn't know better. Sending you on these missions are tough for me, and I know you need that outlet but why couldn't you pick up something new? I can't lose you again, I can't. I'm giving you your freedom but there's only so much I can do for you." He says rubbing his tears as he sits in front of me at the desk.

"What was she like?" I ask and he smiles. "Your mother was the total opposite of you. She was laid back and one of the shyest girls I have ever met. She had the prettiest green eyes and your color of hair. You remind me so much of her. I remember she would always laugh at everything I did no matter if it was funny or the stupidest thing I could ever do. She had this quality about her that everyone loved her without personally knowing her." He tells me as he watches me with a knowing smile on his face. "How did you meet her?" I ask as I wipe some tears away.

"Back when I was a human I was a very wealthy man with a bunch of enemies. I threw a grand ball to form alliances with my enemies, and I spotted her with someone who I never saw eye to eye on. His name was Elon West and his daughter Elizabeth West walk into the ballroom. As soon as I saw her I knew she was the one I wanted until I were to die. We danced all night even with her father watching us like a hawk. I formed a deal with him to give him part of my land for Elizabeth to stay with me. Of course if she didn't fall in love with me she could go back, I never forced her hand.

"Having land was a very big deal back then. So of course he agreed, and a year later we were married and expecting our first born. That's when things went dark. I had gotten word that Elon was sending out an army to destroy me and take back his daughter. Little did he realize she was with child. I was frantic to find a way out of it to protect the child, and then I made the deal and beat his army easily. Even if I was just beginning to transition into being a vampire." He says as his face grows sour. "She ended up dying while giving birth to you. But your here now. It's okay." He says smiling weakly.

"If it was a deal what did the devil want in return from you?" I ask curious and dad freezes. "Estrella. Don't ask questions that I will refuse to tell you." He says growing angry. "I just wanted to know, I'm sorry." I tell him. "Just don't stab him next time, and finish those books. No hunting for two weeks. Sorry but don't stab my best friend, I'll have a talk to him about respecting you, you are the future queen." He says as he briskly walks out of the room leaving me confused about his deal.