Glad to be home (6)

So tired. Enjoy..

"And we will just take one step at a time. I could care less if your more human or more vampire, you're still the same girl." Sterling says smiling down at me as I smile back. "Isn't the whole point of being half is being half?" I ask as he laughs. "It would make sense that this side is taking over. Due to the fact that vampire genetics in your case always win. Vampire blood will always overpower just about everything else." Sterling says as he stand up and puts his hand down to pick me up quickly.

"But I'm supposed to be part human?" I mumble. "Just look of it this way, if you didn't know if you were going to live forever, now you do. I'm sorry about my father. He's st-" "I can't always have fans now can I?" I giggle out. "You should have fans and if you do I want to be your top fan." He says winking at me. "Alright what happened to the old Sterling? This ones flirty and sweet. I want the smartass one back. Not saying that I don't like this version but I miss smartass comments." I tell him in all seriousness.

"I haven't seen you in a month. And you want me to go ahead and become an ass? A freaking month darling. If I want to be sweet to you I can be or not." He says as he pulls me into a tight hug. "Go wash up, and we can head back to bed." He says pulling away and leaving me in the bathroom. I flush the toilet quickly and start up the shower as I walk back into my room to find Sterling laying on the bed staring up at the celling. "I'm gonna get some stars and stick them up there. Like your room is fine and all but kinda blan considering the top." He says out of the blue as I rummage for clothes.

"Just walk outside and see real stars." I say holding back a laugh. "Now who's the smartass now?" He says narrowing his eyes as he looks up at me. "If you aren't going to take control I will." I say gathering my clothes as I walk back to the bathroom. I close the door and begin taking a shower after I strip out of my nasty pjs.

When I come back out Sterling is on the phone with someone as he laughs his head off. "Man you should've seen her, dads scared as hell." He says as I realize it's his brother Cyprian. I listen into their conversation and I smile. "Wait ok what did she do?" Cyprian asks. "Stabbed him with a knife on the kitchen wall." Sterling tells him casually. "And you just let her?!" He almost yells. "Now Cyp would you let her avoid her natural instincts? After all she was a hunter, I think she can determine when someone needs to be stabbed or not." He says turning to me and winking.

"So she stabbed him and Dracula doesn't know yet?" Cyprian asks him. "Shit." I curse loudly. "What's her dad gonna do? Send her for more hunting trips?" Sterling says watching me carefully as I jump onto the bed next to him. "Where's he at?" I whisper as Sterling hands over his phone to me. "I just think that she should be punished in some way." He says not realizing I'm right here. "I feel the love." I say sarcastically. "Oh Estrella, oh shit. Hi." He says trying to hide the fact that he's said what he just said.

"Where are you?" I ask as he laughs. "I'm taking a vacation in Europe. Italy specifically." "Why would you be on vacation?" I ask carefully. "I'm not on vacation I'm looking for an old friend who worked for your dad. Xzavier. Heard of him?" He asks we bells ring in my head. "Yes, met him. Says Love a lot?" I ask as both brothers burst out laughing. "Yeah that's him all right. He crossed your dad and it's my job to kill him." He tells me ever so casually.

"Oh well best of luck. I'm going to bed." I say yawning and throwing Sterling his phone back as I lay in my covers and rest to the left side of my bed. I close my eyes as I tune Sterling's voice out. I hear a thud on the bedside table and a sigh as he gets into the covers as well. I scoot over to give him some space. Before I know it I feel his arms slink over my stomach as he pulls me to his chest. "And where do you think you're going Hun?" He whispers in my ear as I lightly laugh. "Goodnight." I whisper as I spin around and lay my head on his chest watching him as he smiles. "I love you." He says kissing my forehead as I fall asleep.

"Babe get up." Sterling says as I groan at him. "Seriously." He tells me as I open my eyes and narrow them at him. I notice he's hovering over me his blue eyes bright as he's dressed in a black jacket and a white shirt with black jeans. "I managed to get ready in my room and come back and you still aren't ready?" He questions me as he begins to peck light kisses on my open skin. "Get up." He commands. "Now Estrella." He says as I finally get up running my hands through my messy hair. "What are we even doing today?" I ask.

"You have to study, I have to go train vampires, new vampires." He tells me in disgust. "Good luck with that." I laugh. "Have fun learning vampire history." He says smirking as I begin to get up and get ready. "I got to go, I got to dive down to Las Vegas." He says annoyed. "They would be down there wouldn't they?" I laugh. "All the known places are where the new ones are. We have people to control those areas, I'll be back later today. Bye." He says as he captures me into a long kiss. "Bye." I say as he grabs his phone and leaves me alone in my bedroom. I hear my phone ding indicating a text as I rummage through my bags to pull out my phone. I notice a few texts from different people.

"Drink Blood. Love you." -Sterling
'You stabbed him!?' -Dad
"I need to see you ASAP. You are in big trouble." -Dad once again.
"Did you even sleep last night? Or were you to busy kissing?" -Tayo
"If you wouldn't have stabbed him I would've." -Cyprian
"Miss you darling! Hope your doing well!" -Annabelle

I laugh at my dads response, who just stabs someone and only gets two texts?

"Got it babe." -To Sterling
"He deserved it." -To Dad
"Got sick last night thank you very much. So no." -To Tayo
"Come stab him then, I'll watch." -To Cyprian
"Miss you too! For the most part. Adjusting to new stuff but you know that." -To Annabelle