Nightmare (4)

I pull away sadly and I yawn loudly as he laughs. "As much as I would love to kiss you, I can hardly keep my eyes open." I mumble. "And that is expected, I'm happy to have you back." He whispers as I walk to the bed and jump into the covers. "No shower?" He asks sitting on the edge of the bed. "Psh I'm clean, I'm fine." I whisper. "Now come here." I say lifting up to covers and he laughs. "Sure thing darling." He says as he climbs in. I lay there next to him as I rest my eyes and I grab his hand into mine as I get comfy on the soft bed. I feel him pull me closer to him as I end up resting my head on his chest and I fall asleep quickly.

I find myself in a dark forest with a looming moon high above my head and my bare feet resting on the cool ground. I hear a girls scream to the distance and my instincts kick in as I begin to run in her direction. I run past the trees pretty quickly before I arrive at a small log cabin with the front door wide open letting the frosty air inside.

I run upstairs where the whimpering sounds are and I see a girl pinned up against the wall as a man holds her there tightly. "Now darling where is he?" He asks as he whips his head in my direction looking at me but past me at the same time. His glowing blue eyes a shade darker than my own hover for a second before he turns around back to the girl. His black hair is gelled up high and he wears all black. "I can sense he was here." He says growling. "He wasn't I promise." She begs. "Haha! You really think I would believe that Abby?" He tells he darkly. "Let me go." She begs.

"Where is he!?" He roars out. "Who sent you?" She asks. "Lucifer." He says as her eyes go wide and she goes still. "Please don't kill me." She begs. "Stop!" I yell but to no avail no one hears me. "Where is Dracula?" He roars out. "You'll never find him." She says smirking. "And why is that witch?" "Cloaking spell." She smiles as he growls. "They say you kill for fun, they say to fear you. But all I see is a boy afraid of his own shadow." She whispers as he throws himself at her neck ripping his long fangs into her throat. "You're just as bad as him." She whispers as her eyes fog up and she dies on the cold ground and my screams are heard throughout the small home.

"No!" I scream.
"Estrella!"

"Estrella!" Someone yells as they shake me awake and I see a worried Sterling on top of me. "Are you ok? What happened?" He asks. "I'm fine, bad dream." I say looking away. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks and I shake my head no. "It'll be okay I promise." He says pulling me in tighter. "I need to walk or do something, it's on my mind." I say as he sighs letting me get off the bed. "Can I walk with you?" He asks desperately. "Yeah." I say as he gets off the bed as well. I pull him into a deep hug and I sigh as he wraps his arms around me and pulling me tight. "I'm sorry, you come back and I'm having nightmares." I whisper.

"It's okay darling, at least you're here." He whispers in my ear. "Let's go walk, I would love to show you the gardens." He says as he pulls out of the hug and grabs my hand. We walk through the house silent as he drags me to the kitchen and I try to pull back but he only laughs. "Why are we going to the kitchen?" I ask. "Because I overheard Tayo and you need to feed. As your boyfriend I'm supposed to take care of you." He says wrapping his arm over my shoulder. "Haha I can take care of myself." I laugh at him. "As a human you can but as a vampire you can't, so that's why I'm here." He says as he sits me on a stool and opens the fridge and pulls out a glass bottle with blood inside of it.

"So is it true that your father is here?" I ask as he tenses up. "Yes." He says softly. "And what about me? He hates me." I whisper. "No matter what happens I have your back. I don't care if he's my father, we will get to that road later. Let me deal with him. Your father know my dad well but Dracula is trying to convince him to accept the fact that I am dating you. Either way he'll have to suck it up and realize that I love you. Now drink up and we can go on that walk." He says beaming down at me and opens the glass container sending the thick metallic smell near me.

I grab the glass and begin to drink it as he watches me closely. "Stop watching me." I laugh as he smirks at me. "I haven't seen you in over a month, if I want to watch you I should be able too." He says leaning across the counter closer to me. "I have to drink all of this to go on a walk?" I say as I look a the half empty glass. "Just take it with you, you can drink it later." He says smiling. "So why didn't you call me when you were gone?" I ask as he grabs my hand again and pulls me closer and kisses my forehead. "Because I was busy helping my father with territory stuff." He tells me as I nod my head.

"I assume everything is ok with that?" I ask. "Kind of. There's the typical werewolf boundary problems but there's another issue as well." He says as his smile fades. "What? Go on." I say slightly concerned. "The hunters are back. Not as big as pervious but they're coming back. And quick. It's been only a month." "Are you sure?" I whisper. "Well I think so, there's just been a lot of rouge killings lately." He says and I stay quiet. "I have been killing rouges." I tell him. "It's not you sweetheart. You can take down a lot of rouges but you can't take down thirty in one day at once." He says laughing. "Maybe I could." I say annoyed. "Psh no you can't." He says busting out laughing.

"Yes I can. You know I can." I tell him in all seriousness. "I'm going to go ahead and tell you yes that way I can sleep without having a wooden stake through my heart tonight." Sterling says as he holds open the door for me as it leads to the garden outside. "Sterling it's kinda cold out here." I say rubbing my shoulders slightly. "You'll warm up. This is one of the last times that this garden is going to look pretty. It's supposed to snow soon." "Is it really? It's cold enough." I say as he smiles down at me. "We are in the mountains." He laughs as we both continue walking in the cool air.