Losing Control (8)

One HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Two I'm pretty sure I broke my toe, oh well! Enjoy!

I look at one of the books once I hear the door close and I groan at the title. Royal Rules by Aaron Tol. Just sounds boring, who would even want to read this? I open the book with a sigh and turn to the first page past the dedications and crap. Rule 1. Anyone royal should remain out of the headlights for any negative reason. "What is this crap!?" I yell. There's no way I'm reading this. Nope. I pick up the book and set it to the side far away from me on the table.

All of a sudden I hear the door quickly open and I see a young blonde girl with green eyes come storming in. "Princess are you ok? I heard you yell." She asks frantic looking around the room for dangers as I raise my eyebrow. "Who are you?" I ask as she regains composure. "I'm Anayla." She says adjusting her black workout outfit. "And who are you exactly?" I ask narrowing my eyes. "Your personal guard." She tells me as I burst out laughing. "Now don't tell me my dad assigned you?" I ask. "He did. Is there a problem?" She asks. "Whatever, you're here now. Might as well help me since Tayo vanished." I say sighing.

"What do you need help with?" She asks as she looks down on the books. "Burning these." I say patting my hand on the book stack. "You're kidding right?" She asks wide eye. "Of course I am. I would never burn books. Call me Estrella please." I tell her as she nods her head in agreement. "What do you need help with Estrella?" "Let's go shopping." I say looking upon my drab clothing consisting of leggings and a ripped t-shirt. "Are you serious? Shouldn't you be studying?" "Dead. Everyone knows royal stuff. I need some new clothes anyway. I just want to know about my family's history."

"Let me talk with the king first." She says as she leaves the room. I hear someone's footsteps before they lean against the door frame. "Tayo either come in or leave don't do this half stuff." "And here I thought I was quiet. How's studying going?" He asks as he walks inside. "I'm going shopping with my new guard Anayla." I say smiling. "Wait did Estrella sound pleased to have a guard? Did I hear that right?" He asks smiling as well. "I can't hunt. This is clearly my punishment so I'm going to take advantage of it for once. We all know I can handle my weight in a fight. But dad wants to avoid that fact apparently." I say watching my nails.

"You know there's a ball coming up soon? We're having a gathering off all the high ranked vampires, we do it every year. It's to reestablish rules and guidelines through the ranks, plus it's a great time to get blood hazed." He says beaming. "So does that mean your father will be there?" "Yes he will be. All the teenagers go off and party elsewhere but I would imagine you won't receive that. Your father I imagine would want you to stay where you are able to meet and greet others." He says as he walks closer and takes a seat in front of me. "So I'll be stuck listening to a bunch of 36 year old looking guys who are way past that age in vampire years?" I ask. "Yeah pretty much. You know that this whole trait is new. Estrella were only 100 years or so in existence. Werewolf's have been around much longer." He tells me.

"What other species are there?" I ask as he narrows his eyes. "Maybe you should read and you'd find out." He says eyeing the books and me. "Werewolf's, witches, us, demons, fairies are real but you'll never see one more than likely, dragons fake, and Wizards are fake." "Demons?" I ask Tayo. "All the folklore why werewolf's hate us is based off the fact that demons did those things not us. We are a human form of a demon if you will." He says beaming. "How old is Sterling in vampire years?" I ask as Tayo smiles. "He's 10 years younger than you. He's been a vampire for 7 years I think." He says smiling. "And of you?" "5 years, not that much but still." "My dad?" I ask. "Depends how you look at it. He's 20 years but made the deal before that. I'm not sure he even knows." Tayo says shrugging his shoulders.

"And we ha-" "Just read the books Estrella, I can't tell you everything." I hear someone else enter the room and I see Anayla walk in. "Your father said yes, as long as Tayo and I come along we'll take you to go shop. He wants you to pick out a dress as well." She tells me. "Then let's go." I say beaming. We arrive at the mall 45 minutes later as I'm given a black card and I make my way to the first store. By the time I make it halfway in the mall I already have had to put some bags into the car. "Dress store next." Anayla says checking her time. "Where's Tayo now?" I ask. "Lord if I know, he disappeared as soon as we got here. I think he might be flirting with some girls." She says rolling her eyes.

"Can we go to Victoria Secret first?" I ask as she looks down at me in a knowing smirk. "Is this for Sterling?" She asks as a blush rises to my face. "It could be." I say as she laughs. "I don't judge your love life. But yea we can stop there. Remember that we have good hearing." She says eyes flashing red as my face goes redder. "It's good to have in case." I tell her looking at my feet. We finish up at Victoria after picking up some things as we made our way to a fancy dress store near the far side of the mall. I decide I wanted a simple black dress instead of all these fancy colored dresses.

"Hey can you help me zip it up please?" I ask the store clerk that's called Haley to come help me. The black dress hugs all my curves and shows some of my skin on the side of my body. I'll need to pair these with some black heels and I'll be good to go. She enters the dressing room as she helps me zip up the rest of the dress. I ignore her words as I listen to her heart beat slowly pump and I feel myself craving.

I feel myself lose control as she's quickly slammed against the wall of the dressing room and I near my fangs to her neck. She screams for help but I quickly compel her to stop screaming. I'm about to dig in before I feel myself being pulled away. "What the hell!?" Tayo screams at me as Analya comforts the girl and erases her memory. My brain feels foggy as I lay on the ground with Tayo pinning me down. "What's going on Estrella?" He whispers to me as I close my eyes in regret. "I don't know." I whisper.