Chapter 25: Yeah, I Said It

I rolled my eyes as I played voicemails from Jackson.

"Let me see my fucking daughter. This isn't fair Fae. I swear I'm going to take your ass to court!", He yelled.

"You think he'll really do it?", Dona asked.

"I don't know and even if he does the judge won't rule in his favor. He just got out of rehab, he's too unstable. His broke ass probably still shaking up with his parents," I said, making Dona laugh.

"He is actually," she said.

"I don't know what I ever saw in him. He made me feel like I was the worthless one the whole time in our relationship, but really he was," I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah they like to do that. At least you can move on from this and find you another man,'' Dona said.

"Hell no! I'm done with dating all I need is my daughter,'' I said.

"If you say so. Or maybe you don't need a man, maybe you need a woman," she said.

"Been there done that and I never want to do that shit again," I said.

Dona's phone vibrated and she looked down at it.

"Girl I gotta go get Tyrone's dumb ass," she said, rolling her eyes.

"He in jail again?", I asked.

"Yeah he just got out," she said.

"I don't know why you put up with him," I said, shaking my head.

"He got good d," she laughed as she left.

I shook my head at her and turned on my TV, watching Wendy. I had a love hate relationship with her.

My phone started ringing and I noticed it was Caeli's school. I hurried up and answered.

"Hello?", I asked.

"Yes, is this Mrs. Hathaway?", They asked.

"Yes this is she," I said.

"Your daughter has been involved in an accident," she said.

"Oh my god. Is she okay? Where is she?", I asked, grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

"She's at Lakeside's hospital,'' the lady said.

"I'm on my way," I said as I got in my car.

"Fae are you okay?", Dimitri asked.

"I'll talk to you later," I said, driving off.

It took me about 10 minutes to get to the hospital.

As soon as I made it in I saw Caeli's teacher.

"She's in room 109," she said. I nodded my head and went there. I saw her laying down in the bed, looking perfectly fine.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"She's doing fine now. She just had a food allergy, her throat was closing up but we got it under control,'' a doctor said, coming in.

My jaw dropped.

"Are you okay ma'am?", The doctor asked.

"I'm sorry I'm fine. Do you know what the food allergy was?", I asked, blushing in embarrassment.

"Yeah, it was blackberries. Just make sure she stays away from those,'' he said.

"Okay thank you,'' I said.

"No problem. She's free to leave now if you want to discharge her," he said.

"Yes thanks for everything," I said as I led Caeli out of the hospital bed.

I discharged her and we left out the hospital.

"You okay, baby?", I asked.

"I'm good mommy," she said, getting in her car seat.

"Good, please never eat blackberries again. I was so scared when the hospital called me," I told her.

"I know and I won't. I'm a good girl," she said. I nodded my head.

I made sure her car seat was secure. Then I got in the driver's side and drove us back home.

"Mommy?", Caeli said.

"Yes baby?", I asked.

"Daddy came around the school today. He told me not to tell you,'' Caeli said.

I felt my anger flare up.

When we got home I made Caeli a snack and she sat in the living room and watched SpongeBob.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Jackson's number.

"Hello?", He asked answering.

"Why did you go by Caeli's school today?", I asked him.

"I went there because I needed to see my daughter because you never let me! She's a part of me too Fae and I have a right to see her!", He said.

"You have no right. You walked out on us and since you wanted to walk out you can keep yourself out of our circle. I don't want you anywhere near Caeli," I told him.

"She needs a dad in her life. She needs two loving parents," Jackson said.

"She has me. I give her enough love," I said.

"She needs her parents present in her life or she's going to end up just like you! Your fucked in the head and your insecure as fuck which is why you slept with so many guys," Jackson said.

"I'm not insecure, your the insecure one. Your nothing but a scared little boy trying to act like a man!", I said to him.

"I think I've shown you many of times how much of a man I am," Jackson said.

"Being a man has nothing to do with sex. It's about growing up and taking care of your responsibilities," I said.

"Caeli is my responsibility. I'm trying to take care of her but you won't let me," Jackson said.

"You should have been a man years ago and taken care of your shit, but you wanted to be a little bitch. I know you Jackson, you're going to get tired of this little father act and you're going to abandon Caeli. I'm not going to allow you to do that. She doesn't need you, I'm all she needs," I said hanging up the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do you think is right?