Chapter 24: Daughter Father Time

Jackson had came over in the afternoon, so he could meet Caeli. We were just waiting for her to get home, in awkward silence.

"Your house looks nice," Jackson said, breaking the awkward silence.

I just nodded in response. I looked at the time and noticed it was 4:30.

"Caeli's bus is probably arriving soon, I'll go meet her there," I said.

"I'll come with," he said.

"No, stay here. On the way I want to explain some things to her," I said.

He nodded and I left out the house. Caeli got off her school bus and ran over to me.

"Hey momma," she said.

"Hey baby, how was your day?", I asked her.

"Good, we got to make finger paintings," she said, grinning.

"That's cool. Do you remember that guy from the store?", I asked.

"The tall white man?", she asked confused.

"Yeah, he's here today and he wants to meet you," I told her.

"Why?", she asked confused.

"He's your dad," I said.

"Oh," she said, quietly.

''Do you want to meet him?", I asked.

"Yeah," she said, nodding her head.

I grabbed her hand and led her into the house.

I saw Jackson look up and smile.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," Caeli said waving shyly.

"I don't know if your mom has told you yet, but I'm your dad," he told her.

"I know that already, where were you?", she asked him.

"It's kind of co-

"I know already. I know Sophie and she told me everything you did to my mommy because her mommy knows. She told me you didn't want me before so I don't want you in my life now!", she said stomping away.

"Did you tell her what happened between us?!", Jackson asked.

"Of course I didn't, she just told you your other daughter told her. Maybe you need to make sure Engrid keeps her fucking mouth shut," I said yelling at him.

"I know that's bullshit Fae. You probably told her and filled her up with a ton of lies," Jackson said.

"If I did tell her anything it would have all been the truth. You were embarrassed of me and when I got pregnant you left me. Your nothing but a dumb ass coward, I see why Caeli wants nothing to do with your sorry ass!", I said to him.

"Fuck you Fae, I'm out of here," he said.

"Wow don't those words ring a bell!,'' I said as I shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe that little girl told Caeli all that st- wait did Caeli say that girl was in her class?", Dona asked.

"I don't know. Caeli, sweetie, can you come here for a moment?", I asked her.

She came out of her room her Nintendo in her hand.

"Yeah?", she said, preoccupied.

"Is Sophie in your class?", I asked her.

"Yeah, we bwest friends. Our birthday on the same day too. Oh mommy can I spend it with her and we can go to chucky cheese?," she asked.

"Oh my god," Jaia said.

"I'll think about it, you can go back to your room," I told Caeli.

She nodded her head and went back into her room.

"That mfer, I ought to fuck him up," Jaia said in a hushed tone since Caeli was still awake.

"I should have known, he was fucking around with the both of us at the same time," I said, chuckling bitterly.

"I had some hope for that s.o.b. , but I'm done with his ass," Dona said, shaking her head.