Chapter 26: Video Girl

I woke up in the morning and walked Caeli to the bus stop.

"Can we get ice cream after school?", She asked.

"Sure baby," I said as her bus pulled up.

"Have a nice day. I love you,'' I told her.

"I love you too," she said as she got on the bus.

"Fae," Jackson said.

"What are you doing here?", I asked him.

"I just want to talk," he said.

"Whatever," I said, as I opened my apartment door.

"What?", I asked him as I took a seat on my couch.

"I wanted to apologize for going to see Caeli without your permission,'' he said.

"Okay,'' I said.

"I also wanted to clear something up,'' he said.

"And what would that be?", I asked.

"I never cheated on you while we were together. Sophie is 3 years old not 4 like Caeli," he said.

"I don't understand why you're telling me this," I said.

"I just want to let you know, that I would never cheat on you. I know I made a lot of mistakes in life, but that's something I would never do. I know I have a habit of giving up on things, but rehab taught me a lot and I want to apply what I learned in there to my life right now. I want a chance to right my wrongs and all I'm asking you for is that chance," he said.

"I don't know Jackson. I can't let you do to Caeli what you did to me,'' I told him.

"I'm not the same Jackson, Fae! Please let me see Caeli. I don't want her to grow up without a father. I don't want to be known as that dead beat father. I just want to hang out with her you could be there too, nothing major," he said.

"It's up to Caeli," I said.

"If she doesn't want to see you, then she will not," I added.

Jackson nodded his head.

"Thank you, Fae,'' Jackson said, hugging me. I felt tingles go throughout my body. I knew it was just the mate bond.

"Is there any hope for us?," he asked, quietly.

"At this point, no," I said, pulling away.

"Oh, well thank you for at least considering me seeing our daughter," he said, giving me a hug. I stiffened in his arms.

Before I knew it I felt his teeth dig into my neck.

"No stop!," I yelled at him, knowing he was trying to mark me. I pushed and kicked in his arms, but he was stronger than me.

"I'm sorry Fae,'' he whispered in my ear as I passed out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think's going to happen next?