Backlash

Chapter 28

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Terrence

It's difficult to watch a broken heart try to mend itself.

Life's a funny old thing isn't?

Nothing really changes through the generations, we teach our children what we've learnt from our own experiences and then ask them to do the same for theirs.

Advice can be the hardest thing to force yourself to listen to, especially when the receiver of this advice, no longer respects you like they used to.

Occasionally it makes me wonder, why we proceed to complete actions that we know will have consequential repercussion? I still haven't figured that one out yet.

My eyes have witnessed numerous occasions, which sometimes they wish they'd been allowed to have been kept closed.

It would be naive of me; the man that I've grown to become, to try and banish these memories away. They've shaped the person who I've become and I wouldn't change that for anything. I don't think any of us, really would.

Infact, it would probably be irresponsible to admit, that this wonderful materialistic filter, that the magnifying glass we chose to peer through onto our own lives, gives us all a false sense of security.

It might frighten you to consider, but some actions are well out of reach and some situations are inevitable.

It's not as picture perfect as some of the clueless ones amongst us would like to believe.

Even so some chose to continue to be delusional of the prying issues, that dictate other people's lives.

Sometimes the power or fait of a situation is out of our hands. Out of sight, out of mind, maybe you just have to numb the mind? It saddens me to admit.

She was a pretty young thing, I couldn't help but hope that her life would come to something more. She deserved better.

She looked so out of place in this hospital dedicated to treating the mentally inept.

She was a ray of sunshine, amongst a cloud of endless smoke. Fogging my gaze, wherever I turned.

Although she amused my attention, I knew that she was so out of place, amongst this foreign environment her actions had led her to.

She needed to learn her boundaries, if not then, when would she?

He was a bright young spark, who's energy was far too contagious for my liking.

He grew on me like tumour, after a while, I had to except defeat that he wasn't going anywhere.

I wasn't comfortable amongst many, he surprised me, almost everyday. It felt natural this bond I developed for him.

He possessed this calm ambiance, that she needed to soothe her soul. Otherwise she'd drive herself into a state of insanity. She was capable of many things, both irrational and incredible.

As the months passed, I could tell he cared more about this one certain patient, more that I knew could be professional possible. It surprised me both mentally and physically. How could a man not act on his emotions? He held so much self control.