Infatuated souls

Chapter 3

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Char

A few days had past since our initial encounter. Sadly it was brought to a  sudden close as he left in a unconfirmed rush. He seemed so mysterious it just made me crave his attention even more.

I was reluctant to lose his presence again for the second time in less than twelve hours.

"I can't stop thinking about that night." I sighed to myself.

I'm not saying that I was at all pleased with him leaving so abruptly. In fact, it hurt me quite a lot that things had been left so open ended.

I felt so at ease in his company I mirrored my thoughts onto those around me as I thought of him. It was something I hadn't experienced in such a long time. A smile crept across my lips as I remembered the night we met.

My hormones were rushing in a parade of emotions. I needed to see him again.

Although Lisa and Harvey dropped by frequently to distract me, which I appreciated as he kept on running through my mind.

Why did he have to leave so soon after I'd arrived? Maybe, he thought I was being too forward? I questioned.

"Babe let's go out and forget all about that loser, he obviously doesn't know what he's missing." Lisa mentioned to me the night before.

"Lisa, I don't need to get over him, nothing's happened with him." The corners of my mouth turned into a frown ever so slightly.

"Well let's at least order a pizza, pizza makes everything better." She laughed at her own joke and I joined in too.

I decided to busy myself with work, just to stop myself from obsessing over him. It was obvious that I liked him.

I didn't want to come across too keen, but the urge to contact him was driving me insane.

I kept on wondering why he hasn't messaged me since then.  Maybe he really does like Lisa? Maybe I'm not his type?  Or maybe he just wanted a glimpse of me in broad daylight?

I hope the last one wasn't true, at least for my self-esteem.

Should I be the one to make the first move this time?

"Char. Don't give me any of that nonsense, the guy was clearly drooling all over you. Now text that sorry sucker, before I do it for you." Lisa stated as she applied her first layer of mascara.

"I agree with Lis on this one." Harvey nodded in agreement as his fingers tapped against his keypad.

They always had my back, but I didn't always want to follow through with their advice. Somehow I felt like my guardian angels need to let me fly on my own for once.

Just before I attempted to stammer a text together, my phone pinged.

That's weird, I forgot I had a social life for a while. Probably Lissy, my sister wanting to go for a coffee or something.

15:26PM
Unknown number:

Te deseo. Meet me now? Kew Gardens? x

My eyes kept on rereading the words that were displayed in front of me. I threw myself through the doorway before I could collect my thoughts together and form a proper response.