Chirps

Chapter 8

  ★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Char

"Good morning Charlotte." Terence happily waived in my direction.

His smile could break the prevailing winds in a winter storm. He was one of the jolliest men I'd ever been fortune enough to have the pleasure of knowing.

"Morning Terry," I grinned as I strode across the lobby of my apartment complex.

"What's on the agenda for today?" He gushed.

"The Heath, lunch with Lissy and seeing another somebody later." I smiled cheekily at my doorman as he politely allowed me to pass by.

"Have a good one, lovely." He winked as I exited the building with a little stride in my step.

He always knew how to start my day off to a wonderful start.

The Heath I was referring is a patch of paradise, amongst the busy London streets. It's a thinking spot where all can roam freely.

A place I like to keep secluded from most of my friends, to call my own. I trusted Terry with everything, so I didn't mind sharing my secrets with him.

I've never been left speechless by anyone before and yet when Fede looks at me with that resonating passion; I find myself lost in a speck of dust.

Every time I catch him checking me out, a flow of blush eliminates my face and I have to hide myself under my turtle neck in order to stop him from knowing.

But it's no use, he's already won my attention.

I haven't really felt like myself the past couple weeks and I've been having awful stomach aches.

At first like any sane girl, I thought that maybe we hadn't been careful the first couple times we made love; but I was so sure we had always used protection.

It seemed kinda stupid to discuss this any further than just a speculation. I didn't want to cause any stress on our relationship, seeing as it's still so young and developing; although we both feel this stronger tether holding us together.

I'm not sure how well that would go down with my parents; let alone my siblings. 'Little sister gets banged up'; would be a joke I'd never live down. They don't even know about Fede, let alone that I'm dating someone.

My thoughts were put on hold as my familiar ringtone resonated from my pocket. "Hey Lis, what's up?" I greeted my sister.

"Char, I'm really, really sorry but I can't do lunch today sweety." Before I was allowed to interrupt she continued to explain her situation, "I've just gotten a deal in Moscow last minute and need to meet the buyers. Can you forgive me?"

I wanted to be stubborn, but I wasn't good at holding grudges against my sister; unless she deserved it. "Fine."

"You're the best, you know that."

"I do. Have fun in Moscow, and good luck with you art deal."

"When I come back we should hang out okay."

"Whatever you say, sister."

"Love you." She reminded me.