Forever runs out of lust

Chapter 18

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Jacques

Surprise, surprise I've managed to survive another year.

You've heard it head first folks, Jacques Michael has managed to survive another year, luckily this one hasn't involved too much conflict on his behalf.

Jacques twitched his eye sockets open, although they fought to close as hard as he urged them to stay put.

He lay in bed grinning from ear to ear, at the thought of the day that's itinerary lay mapped out in his head.

Charlotte had this thing for birthdays; like it was her legitimate right to make it the most enjoyable day of the year. Hers had just past last week and as soon as it was over she was already planning the antics of his.

She is so thoughtful.

He knew he shouldn't be thinking of her this early in the morning, but he was absolutely smitten with her, even if she failed to see

Which was remarkably hard, considering the looks he cascaded her way every couple of glances.

It then stunned his nocturnal mind, that the reason why he had been disturbed from his slumber, was due to a buzzing noise coming from his front door.

His forbidden thoughts were drained from his mind, as the doorbell to his flat alarmed his senses to wake up.

It was 6AM, Jacques was hardly what he would consider a morning person, despite his optimistic outlook on most things.

He turned the latch and chain off, as he beckoned his early acquaintance to enter.

He stood wearing barely any clothes in a fairly dazed state. "It's open," he blurted out, as he turned to make some coffee for himself.

Charlotte kicked open the door, dressed in her oversized sweatshirt and pyjama bottoms, she had an adorable party hat placed on top of her head and a birthday balloon firmly held in her hand.

"Happy birthday Monsieur Michael."

She whizzed over to Jacques's practically naked body and energetically found her way into his arms.

Her scent made him somewhat speechless for countless fragments of a second.

"Charlotte, you know I love you, but it's too early for me to really appreciate your company."

Charlotte mocked his grumpy attitude,by tickling the sides of his stomach until she achieved a bundle of laughter, which escaped his protruding mouth.

She beat him at his own game. She knew him too well by this point. He loved her attention really.

"Okay sleepy head, I know you'd rather sleep your whole day away than celebrate it with me." She teased him.

Jacques set out two cups of coffee and after gulping down his, he finally felt a little more awake.

"It's not that Charlotte, but some of us still need to work on our beauty sleep." He yawned.