Suggestive

Chapter 2

★·.·✶·.·★·.·✶·.·★
Char

I woke up with the worst headache of my entire life. It felt like the world was spinning off its axis.

Maybe if actually was.

I breathed heavily to myself as my make-up stained pillow reminded me that alcohol wasn't the real solution to fun.

I attempted to orientate myself, although it became apparent that my vision still felt slightly distorted.

The bedroom in front of my eyes was still blurred around the edges. A random pattern of blue wallpaper humoured my senses as this room felt familiar.

"Oh shit, where am I?" I croaked to myself.

The familiarity of a hangover is never something my mother told me to be proud of.

Thanks Mum, I could almost hear her voice echo around my ear drums.

Her bare image made me want to drink more and vomit her suffocating presence away. My grumpy mood usually came about after consuming too much alcohol.

I tried not to panic, as I fought to remember the previous evening.

I decided to take a moment of calamity to orientate my surroundings. I felt comfortable in the familiar double bed and I was quick to realise that someone was cuddling me from behind.

I could smell the familiar eggs and bacon combination and could hear a male voice humming ever so slightly which comforted my disorientation.

The masculine voice kissed my anxiety away as his tune was surprisingly soothing. His tunefully singing bought a smile to my face and  I felt as if I was encased in a bubble of unknown.

"Let's apprehend the antics of last night, shall we?" I soothed reassuringly to myself.

Lisa and I went to a concert - I remembered that part precisely; it was one of the best nights of my life up to that point.

Then we used her fake ID in the off-licence and bought another bottle of vod... hmm, we took the Tube back to Notting Hill and ...

My thoughts were again interrupted by the continuous humming. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day." I heard the same soothing male voice under his breath.

The noise was coming from the direction of the kitchen.

Who's singing? I buzzed to myself.

I was hungry to explore the body that was inciting my ears and interrupting my thoughts.

Ah that's it, we met a hot twenty-something year old by her house, his name was ... Hmm. What was his name?

But all that really matters is that he looked like a methodical God and Lisa got his number, (one nil to Lisa I sighed. Nothing really changes does it?)

I remember his smile was like the breeze on a scorching hot summers day. It refreshed the sweat that licked over heating pores. I wanted to drink in his appearance until I could longer quench the thirst I felt my mouth urging to refuel on.

"When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May." The same voice proceeded to entice my attention.

I wonder who's singing?