Secret Assassins [19]

Tom ----------->

___________

Renee’s POV

I wiped the tears of guilt from my deep red cheeks as I ran up the steps to my house. I flung open my front door frantically. Jessica and Ronald whipped there heads around to look at me.

“You alright?” Jessica asked, returning her attention to the sharp knives in her lap. She admired the blood covering them and cleaned it off, removing the evidence that it was used to kill many people.

“It’s nothing.” I murmured, heading toward the stairs in a daze.

“How’s your father?” Ronald asked.

Ronald and Jessica aren’t my real parents. They were ordered by my real father to pretend to be because it was all part of the plan. The plan that I’ve been going by since I was a little kid.

Andrea’s life wasn’t the only one based on a lie…

Mine was too.

My father used me for his sick desires for Katherine and Andrea. He obsessed over them. We’ve never even had a proper conversation without them being mentioned in it.

I remember when he got to his knees in front of me when I was a child and began telling me about Andrea. He politely told me to become best friends with her. Ever since that day, I’ve kept up the act. For my father that didn’t give a crap about me.

So why was I still with him?

I was doing it all to stay with my brother, Tom.

Of course, nobody knew about him and I being related. Even though it was clear as day from our looks. Every time Andrea would talk about him, it would really piss me off. Sure, she was my best friend, but when she trashed talked about him, I just wanted to scream out “he’s mine!”

Not in the sibling way either. Many people think it’s disgusting for siblings to be in a romantic relationship, but it really isn’t at all. Tom is everything I look for in a guy. Aggressive, beautiful eyes, dark hair I can run my hands through as he makes love to me, hands that made my body go into heaven. And much more things that’ll instantly turn me on just by thinking about it.

I thought about the day Andrea stormed over to him and began hurting him. It took everything in me to not grab her by the hair and hit her endlessly for hurting my love.

I couldn’t do that to her though. She is my best friend and she deserves much better. It wasn’t her fault for having parents that were wanted by my sick father. Her life was a wreck and she wasn’t to blame at all.

I have grown to love Andrea like she is my sister. And I feel guilty every single day of my life for lying to her. For just pretending to be her friend. I was a traitor.

I ignored Ronald’s question and ran upstairs. I buried my head in my pillow and began sobbing like a baby. I pressed it to my face more and screamed like I’ve never had before.

My innocent best friends are getting raped and tortured by my brother and father. The image of my father coming out of the basement, looking like he had the ride of his life replayed in my mind. He winked at me as he passed and I froze on the spot. I didn’t know he had interest in Andrea too… I just thought he used her to get to Katherine.

I had the urge to run down the stairs and free her from the torture. But I decided against it.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. I sat up, wiping away the tears and called them in.

Jessica walked in, looking a little nervous. “Andrea’s boyfriend is outside. He saw you running into the house. Go out there! And you know the drill.”