Secret Assassins [18]

I saw nothing. Just complete darkness. There was a faint sound of someone calling my name. I tried to open my eyes to look for the source. A long moment passed when my hearing came more clearer.

“C’mon sis. Wake up.” A familiar voice cried. It was either Jake or Nick. Was I dreaming?

“We have no time Andrea! Please wake up!” It was finally becoming clear that the voice belonged to Nick.

I opened my eyes to see his blurry dark figure standing over me.

“Nick?” I whispered.

“It’s me.” He confirmed.

“What’s going on?” I asked. “Am I dreaming?”

“No, I’m really here.” I felt him squeeze my hand reassuringly. “I’m pretending to be a guard so I could get you out of here.”

I gulped. “So what are we waiting for?”

“There are guards outside of the room on watch. They believed I was an actual guard. I still have to take them out. When I do, Jason will come get you. Alright?”

I grinned slightly at the thought of him. “Jason.” I whispered in a weak voice.

Nick stroked my choke, a smile breaking across his face. “That’s right. He’s missed you so much Andrea. We’ve all missed you.”

A knock on the door broke our conversation. His head whipped around to look at it.

“Don’t worry about what’s going to happen. Jason will make sure you’re safe. He is very protective over you.”

Without another word, he hurried to the door and walked out. I slowly sat up, my whole body protesting. I glanced over at where Kristen laid before Jeff went all ape shit on me. She squirmed around, making me sigh in relief. At least she wasn’t dead.

I heard a loud thump and turned my attention to the door. It shook a little and suddenly Jason burst through. Immediately, tears began forming in my eyes. His breath taking smile that appeared on his face as he stared at me made my heart beat faster.

After a long moment passed of us staring at each other, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I ran over to him, throwing my arms around him. I wrapped my legs around his waist, desperate to get as close to him as possible. He buried his face into my hair and squeezed me tight.

“Jason, I’ve missed you so much.” I whispered in a shaky voice. The tears finally exploded.

“You have no idea how happy I am to have you in my arms again.” He said. “As much as I want to catch up, we have to get out of here.”

“What about Kristen?” I asked. “And Renee?”

“Renee escaped. We saw her run into her house.” He explained. “Mr. Simpson is coming to get Kristen.”

I unwrapped my arms and legs from around him and dropped to my feet. My legs gave out from being so weak and injured. As I began to drop, Jason caught me before I could fall on my butt. He held me bridal style and walked towards the door.

The sight I saw made me gasp. All of the guards were fighting everyone that was on my parents team. I spotted Shakeke close by, beating up a heavy set guard. He managed to hit her once, but that was a mistake. A mistake that had him killed right there. Without blinking, she took out a knife from her back pockets, and rammed it into his stomach.

She watched him fall with a satisfied smile. She dusted off her hands as if she just got done playing in dirt. I saw another guard sneaking up behind her. He had his fist in the air, about to take her out, when she abruptly brought her fist up too quickly, hitting him in the face from behind.