Secret Assassins [4]

Jake ------>>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dude, is your face okay?” Renee asked, gaping at it as soon as I walked over to her and Kristen in school.

I rolled my eyes. “Is it really that bad? I tried covering it up with makeup.”

“I mean it's fine… well…I don’t know if fine would fit into that category… But-” Kristen didn’t know what to say.

I sighed. “Just tell me the truth.”

“Horrifying.” Kristen sighed also.

“Nasty looking.” Renee frowned.

I got my make up out of my purse, and tried to cover more of it when Jason walked came up.

“Makeup? You’re beautiful without it.” He flashed me a sexy smile and walked away leaving me blushing like an idiot.

“Whoa. Did you just hear that? Oh my God, did you see that!” Renee gushed, looking at Kristen with wide eyes.

“Someone’s got a crush on you!” Kristen sang.

“And you have one right back!” Renee finished, practically jumping up and down.

“He doesn’t like me.” I huffed and walked to class. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it was about to explode. Could he like me? If he didn’t like me… Why would he bother saying that?

“I found out he’s in your second and fourth period. Also, our lunch.” She announced.

“Who cares?” I groaned, pretending not to care when I really do. “If you want to get to know him more so badly, why don’t you just approach him?” I questioned, walking into my first period which was English.

“He’s too hot for me.” Renee said sadly.

“And you know how I am with rejection.” Kristen pointed out, crossing her arms.

“Do you want me to talk to him for you?” I asked, sitting at my desk.

“No. I want you to be with him.” Kristen answered, coming to stand beside me with Renee.

“It’s hard to trust guys after Tom.” I sighed.

“Wait, what?” Renee asked. “You broke up with Tom?”

I nodded. “I sure did.”

“Duh!” Kristen said, looking at Renee like she was an idiot. “It was obvious they broke up after yesterday.”

“Oh.” Renee flipped her hair. “I knew that.”

I chuckled. “I wonder about you Renee.”

“I know. I wonder about me too.” She sighed as she took her seat.

The bell rang, and I sprung from my seat. I rushed to the bathroom before second period so I could see myself in the mirror. I gazed at myself, looking a little plain. I’d put on make up this morning, but I didn’t look good enough. I quickly reapplied some lip gloss, eyeliner, and mascara. I stepped back, satisfied. My eyeliner made my blue eyes pop out and what made it prettier was that it was framed with my long dark lashes. My full lips were finally not naked anymore. I took a look at my hair and it was a little frizzy. My hand dug into my purse, finding my little brush. I brushed my long brown hair in a quick movement and the warning bell sounded.

I hurried to my next class.

“Hey, what took you so long to get here?” Renee asked, as I sat down.