Secret Assassins [5]

Jason --------->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning sweetie. I fixed you something to eat. It’s breakfast in bed!” Mom enthused, setting the food in my lap.

I smiled. “What’s this for?”

She shrugged. “I’m making up for not really being there for you. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I replied, staring at her like she was some unknown species.

“Well, go ahead and eat.” She gestured to the food.

Dang, is she really this impatient all the time?

I did as she said and grimaced a little bit. The food had a bitter taste to it, but I ate it anyway. I don’t want to hurt her feelings and plus I’m pretty hungry.

“Did you enjoy it?” She grinned, taking the plate away right as I started coughing.

I felt as if I was going to throw up and I leaned over the bed and started puking. I expected my mom to come to my side and help me out, but she just stood there with a smile on her face. A smile that sent chills down my spine.

“Why, are you alright Andrea?” Her tone was mocking.

“What did you do?” I cried, my voice all raspy.

She put a hand over her heart. “What do you mean sweetie?” She asked innocently, but I saw the evil in her eyes.

She put her hand in her pocket, pulling out a liquid type thing and I just stared at it, my eye widening.

“You poisoned me.” I gasped.

“Ssh.” She put her finger to my lips. “Go to sleep now.”

I woke up to a very bright sun, shining it’s rays through my window. Before I could have time to admire it, my mom came through the door.

“I made breakfast hunny.” She announced.

I followed her to the kitchen and remembered what happened last night.

“Want me to fix you a plate?” She offered.

When I didn’t answer right away, she looked at me for an answer. Well, not just her, but my father and brother too. They were sitting at the table, eating as they watched me.

“Just to think of it, I’m not really feeling good.” I looked at the ground to avoid her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” She stepped closer, but I stepped away.

“I had a late snack this morning, so I’m… full.” I nodded and walked away.

I could feel her questioning gaze on my back, but I tried avoiding it. Truth is, I’m actually pretty hungry. However, why would I eat something that she cooked. What if she really poisoned it or something.

I went to go get my own breakfast at Arby’s. They have the best biscuits. And they don’t poison the food! I decided to stay away from my house. It sounds sad, but I don’t want to be near killers.

So I went to the park and just chilled there. I read a few books and checked my watch that read 3:00. I sighed and went home. I groaned when i saw my parent's cars still there.

Great, my parents are here. Why are they here anyway? Shouldn’t they be out like they usually do.

“Good, you’re home. Your dad, me, and Jake are heading out, so be careful.”