Generator Rex : Loss - Part 13

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Generator Rex Characters or franchise. Everything that happens in this fan-fiction, hence the name, from an avid fan for fans who would like some more Generator Rex content.

WARNING: This might contain spoilers, so if you haven't watched the show or finished the show and do not want spoilers, do NOT read this. I'm not sure if it does contain spoilers, but better safe than sorry; come back after watching season one because this is before the second and third season.

  ******************************************************************  

Generator Rex : Loss – Part 13

"Rex... Rex?"

A blurry figure appeared as Rex cracked open his eyes. Slowly blinking a few times, the figure cleared.

"Ay , mi cabeza..."

"Rex? Do you know who we are?"

He sat up weakly, almost falling off the bed until Six caught him with a steadying arm.

"Arg... Wha- where am I?" Holiday's eyes widened, fearing the worst, she had entertained briefly the possibility of Rex losing his memories due to the rebooting sequence of his nanites, but shoved the thought away. "Wait, Doc? Why am I here? What about the evo?"

She sighed in relief as Bobo smirked from his seat on one of Holiday's computer tables.

"Welcome back from the land of the dead, kid."

Six pushed Rex so that he was supported against the wall and Holiday smiled.

"It's been taken care of. Just focus on getting better."

"So did we get it?"

Six interrupted. "No. It was taken by an unknown group. White is ordering everyone one to track it down."

The conversation was interrupted by a loud gurgling and Rex rubbed the back of his head, sheepishly.

"Uh, how long was I out? A few hours?"

Holiday glanced at Six.

"You were out for four days." Six spoke, stone faced, not betraying any of the haggard worry that had been felt by them all.

"Four days?!" Rex got up stiffly, stretching. "Man, that's 16 meals!"

Reaching behind him, Six grabbed the pizza from the day before and held it out to Rex.

"We figured you would be hungry."

"Sweet!" Rex reached for the pizza, and then paused. "I'm not in some alternate dimension or something, am I? I'd never thought I'd see the day when Ms. Junk-food-is-bad-for-you-and-you-shouldn't-eat-it would let me have this without some kind of lecture."

"Well if you really don't want it... "Holiday gave Rex a half-hearted grin and he clutched the food to his chest at her implication.

"No, I'm good. Yes! Best post wake up food ever." He took out the slice of pizza and bit into it with gusto. Even cold, greasy pizza was great. Six started towards the door.

"I'll inform White that he's awake."

There was silence as Rex chewed and Holiday removed all the sensors attached to his body. He looked around, swallowed, then glanced at Holiday.

"Hey, where is she?"

"... Who?"

"You know, the girl." Holiday stiffened but Rex didn't notice and went on. "I mean, I figured she would be at least a little worried that I've apparently been out for four days... is she in the bathroom or something?" She didn't answer him and Rex raised an eyebrow. "Uh... Doc, you okay there? Earth to Holiday?"