Generator Rex : Loss - Part 10

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Generator Rex Characters or franchise. Everything that happens in this fan-fiction, hence the name, from an avid fan for fans who would like some more Generator Rex content.

WARNING: This might contain spoilers, so if you haven't watched the show or finished the show and do not want spoilers, do NOT read this. I'm not sure if it does contain spoilers, but better safe than sorry; come back after watching season one because this is before the second and third season.

  ******************************************************************  

Generator Rex : Loss – Part 10

Six returned to his room from the morning meeting, distracted with thoughts of Holiday. She had had dark circles under her eyes, no doubt ignoring her physical state and throwing herself into an experiment all night. He reached his door and paused, almost missing the small scrap of paper on the floor. Originally having put that in between the door and the door frame before leaving this morning like usual, it now lay on the ground triggering his internal alarms. Someone had been in his room. Immediately on alert, he whipped out his blades and burst in. There was no movement - whoever had entered was gone. He noticed the blanket on the bed was slightly creased and placed in the center was a folded sheet of white paper. Warily, he approached it and unfolded it with the tip of his blade.

It was a drawing; one that depicted a vivid scene of an evo - similar to the one just shown before during the meeting but differently shaped and colored - being stabbed in the back of its neck by a familiar figure in green. Whereas the one in the civilian's photo had resembled a wolf, this one had the appearance of an oversized tiger, although still with the same bionic look.

Six's brow furrowed and he stared at the paper, then stowed it away into his inner tux pocket. Who had left this, and for what purpose? About to go to Holiday to show her and see what she made of it, he was interrupted by an incessant wailing of a siren. The evo had been spotted.

...

"Stay here, I'm serious!" Rex forced the girl who was looking up at him gravely. "You can't come with me. They found that evo, the one that hurt you."

Her eyes widened and she looked down. After a length of time, she finally nodded and sat at the table. He grinned, relieved, but somehow had a bad feeling in his gut. With a loud gurgle, his stomach rumbled and he made a rueful note to go get some breakfast or an early lunch before they left. He ruffled her hair and walked towards the exit.

"Don't worry, I'll beat the guy up. You'll be safe, I promise."

She glanced up and he didn't see the sad smile she gave him as he locked the door. Going at a light jog, Rex stopped by the communal break room, grabbed a bag of chips, and dashed off back towards the waiting Providence jet. Six was already there, standing arms crossed impatiently.

"We're clear to go." The door closed but Rex turned. He though he saw something flash in the corner of his eye, but when he went to check, nothing was there. He shook his head. She had promised she wouldn't be here.

"Rex? What are you doing?" Six's voice cut across the jet and Rex jumped.

"Nothing! I just though I saw... something."

Six raised an eyebrow.

"Focus Rex. This evo might prove to be dangerous. You can't afford to be distracted."

"I know, I know." Rex sat down in the chair next to Bobo, who was munching on a bag of chips, and strapped himself in. After a while, his stomach grumbled in angry protest and he remembered the snack he had snagged. It was nowhere to be found. Patting his jacket in case he had stashed it there and finding nothing, a loud crunch greeted his ears and he turned to Bobo.