24.

Kick the Crown - The Real Scoop by Kelly Taylor

New band on the scene Kick the Crown have been absolutely everywhere there is to be on the music buzz lately. With angry number I Need You... To Shut Up reaching Number 1 on not only the American billboard but in England as well, we figured it was time the public started to understand a little of just what happens behind the scenes at Springbreak Studios, downtown NY where the band make their magic.

Pushing aside the fact that Lyra and Nate arrived late, but very together, the interview could only be described as short but sweet. The customary questions were asked and answered, obviously.

Lyra was the one to explain that Kick the Crown themselves are probably the only people who don't know how well they're doing. According to the band's lead singer and rock wild child, "Honestly I had no idea we were doing so well. Considering the majority of the music I listen to isn't exactly in the charts, I don't know what's popular and what's not." With Nate adding that they "didn't start the band to get famous."

Oh, and for those of you wondering how exactly Lyra found herself in the band - she had to audition! This must seem pretty humiliating now, but as Nate said, "Lyra can sing beautifully." It seems there was a spark from the start for those two, then.

Of course, whether they've been aware or not, this band have had competition. With Psychedelic Disadvantage's new single When I Met You fighting its way further up the charts, we can say with safety that there's sure to be fireworks exploding between the two bands soon enough.

But don't think I've forgotten what you all really care about! Lyra and Nate. Nate and Lyra. Shall we say Nyra? I'm sure you've seen those pretty incriminating photos from what Nate said was nothing more than a funeral and then a bite to eat - "because we're friends."

But if that's all it was, why did he throw the photos at the wall when I showed them to him? I know you're dying to know what he said, so here it is: "What do you want from us? Do you want me to tell you that Lyra and I are sleeping together? Or that we're secretly dating and no one knows? Maybe that we're engaged and planning to run away to Vegas next week?"

Well, I 'll think you'll agree when I say that it seems pretty final. With Kick the Crown's EP currently sitting at a comfortable Number 6 on the album charts, I Need You still at Number 1 in both America and England, and debut single Meet the Monsters at Number 8 on the singles chart in America, and Number 12 in England, its safe to say they're doing something right.

But don't take your eyes off of Nate and Lyra - or Nyra, as it were. Something's sure to happen there. Just give it time.

Two weeks on from the disastrous kiss - or kisses - and David's big scene, Freddie read Kelly's article to us in Number Four with a disgusted look on his face. "Chris and I didn't even get a mention!" He said, indignantly.

I smiled sadly. "Sorry, Fred."

Nate clapped him on the shoulder. "They want a drama. Apparently, they've found that in me and Ly. But we know you're part of the band, don't worry Freddie."

Chris gaped at him. "Nate - did you just say something kind without a hint of sarcasm?" He gasped dramatically, clutching his heart.

Freddie laughed, "Jesus, is it a blue moon?"

Nate rolled his eyes and punched his shoulder. "Shut up. It won't happen again."

Chris sobered up and put his arm around my shoulders. "Speaking of drama between you and Ly-"