18. Blitzkrieg Bop

I'm back from Scotland! There's an important bit at the end, but just enjoy for now!

________________________________________________________________

The rest of the launch party was kind of boring. I danced with David, I danced with Freddie and I danced with Chris. Not with Nate though - he was kind of preoccupied with a group of girls in a dark corner of the room. I don't care I don't care I don't care.

I chatted with a few other reporters, who all seemed to have really enjoyed the performance. But every single one of them pressed irritating questions about me and Nate. Every time I insisted that we were just friends, but none of them seemed satisfied with the explanation.

At the end of the night, Elliot took to the stage. "Hello, everybody!" He said, grabbing all of our attention. With his fancy suit and suave voice, he invaded every inch of the stage in a way that made it obvious that he was in the music business.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight, on behalf of Kick the Crown." He paused while everyone applauded. I noticed Nate had disentangle himself from a curvy blonde. "And I'd like to use this moment to announce that Kick the Crown will be starting an arena tour in a months time!"

My jaw dropped. We'd gotten an arena tour already? The EP had only been released a few hours ago! I looked over at Freddie, who had high-fived Chris and was now jumping up and down in excitement. Nate just looked bored. And for a moment, I felt a spike of rage directed at him. Why couldn't he just show how he felt for once?

Elliot was now thanking individual people, even Jessy the stylist, in a way that made him sound very well-connected and important. Once he had hopped down again, people were starting to leave. I was relieved - I was so tired and just wanted to get home. I turned to find David when someone blocked my way.

"Hello, Lyra." The person said quietly.

I studied them for a moment, and then it came to me. "Taylor?" I said, just recognising the drummer of Psychedelic Disadvantage. Lets just say that after everything William had done, I wasn't totally pleased at seeing him.

"Yeah." He didn't seem like he wanted to say much. "So...you heard us on the radio yet?" He said.

I nodded. "Um, yeah.  I've, erm, also seen William out and about too."

He nodded. "Yeah, he said you two had a thing going on. I hope you're happy together."

I gaped at him. "Hold on - he told you what?"

"You know, he said you two have a kind of secret relationship happening. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I just thought it was weird, seeing as you always hated him." Taylor said, shrugging.

I was flabbergasted. William had been putting about we were dating secretly? What? I was about to set it straight when I felt someone come up behind me.

"Who's this?" Nate asked.

I felt an immense relief that it was him. For a moment, I had been terrified, imagining William ambushing me. "Um, this is Taylor." I said to Nate. "He drums for Psychedelic Disadvantage. Taylor, this is-"

"Yeah, I know who he is." Taylor said, glaring.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nate fired up instantly. I rolled my eyes. Here we go.

Taylor scoffed. "It means that I didn't really appreciate you beating up my best mate." He said, clenching his fists at his sides. "Everyone knows you're jealous of Will, and that's why you punched him."