19.

HEEEEY! So this is where things really kick off - I just hope you all enjoy it!

_____________________________________________________________

I was looking forward to rehearsal the next day. Even more than usual, if that was possible. Maybe it was because we were finally kicking off as a real band, what with an EP already out and an upcoming arena tour. I still didn't know how Elliot had wrangled that one, but I wasn't complaining. 

I woke up early. Too early for rehearsal, but I couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed around in bed for a bit, before deciding I may as well just start the day. I hopped into the kitchen and forced down a bagel, before going back to my room and sticking my head out of the window. It was hot. As in, hotter than normal - definitley above 40. This made me happy - I could wear something summery! I slid into a flower-sprigged, pink maxi dress and pulled on my purple Docs. Hot or not, wherever I went my Docs went with me. 

I piled my hair into a messy wavy bun, slicked on some mascara and then turned off the Eagles' CD that had been playing whilst I fell asleep last night. Grabbing my bag, I locked the apartment up behind me and headed outside. 

I enjoyed the feeling of wearing something different - if I wore a dress normally, it was short. But I liked the breezy feeling of the long length this time. I plugged in my earphones and turned up Fleetwood Mac. 

The sun warmed my skin with a lazy caressing feel, and I knew today would be a good day. It was a day that would mean something in the future, I could tell. I stopped outside Amor Musicis, thinking. I hadn't been in there for a while - I hadn't realised that I'd missed it. 

I stepped inside, feeling relief at the air con blowing through the shop. I put my iPod back in my pocket and found that Whole Lotta Love was playing. A sudden image of Nate's intense face and delicious voice filtered through my head, and I shivered. 

"Oh my God!" Someone squealed. I looked and saw a girl of about fourteen heading towards me. She was clutching a Script CD, her shoulder length brown hair bopping about her face as she skipped over to me. "Aren't you Lyra? Of Kick the Crown?" She said, excitedly. 

Oh. My. God.  This girl was a fan! I had been approached by a fan! "Um, yes. I am." I said, feeling kind of overwhelmed. 

"Oh my God, I love your band! I watch your performances all the time - I was at Zone when you sang Heroes so emotionally. Are you and Nate a thing, or what? I'm actually here to get your EP! How crazy is that? I'm Molly, by the way." She talked crazy fast.

I laughed. "Its nice to meet you, Molly."

She giggled. "Oh my God, I can't believe I'm meeting a celebrity! Wait - Give me a sec!" And she dashed to the New Releases stand and grabbed a CD. "Will you sign it?"

I looked down at the CD she was offering me and saw a very familiar photo. She wanted me to sign our EP for her. "I don't have a pen." I said, apologetically. 

Her face fell. "Um..."

"Hey Tom!" I called to the cashier, who looked up in surprise and greeting. "Chuck me a pen!" I yelled. 

I caught the biro he threw and scrawled:

Molly,
Thank you for literally being my number one fan!
Love, Lyra

Molly took the case back and squealed. "Number one fan?"

I grinned. "Your the first one to approach me like I'm an actual celebrity." I explained. 

She frowned. "But you are an actual celebrity. Your EP's at number three in the charts." She said, as if this were common knowledge. 

I faltered. "Wait - really? OH MY GOD, NO WAY!" I shrieked, seizing the poor girl and hugging her. "I can't believe it! Oh my God, wait 'til I tell Nate and the guys!" I released Molly and said, "Sorry."