Chapter 16- "Meeting the Devil"

WARNING: Spoilers in SPN season 4 (just for those who didn’t see it yet)

--

When I opened my eyes after the light faded, I realized that we were in some old building. The room that we were occupying had some broken white stones and slates, including the tomb that had two sets of candles that looked like they’ve been burning for quite some time now. Plus, the tomb had some carvings that looked like the windows at the church that I used to go. It’s…pretty but creepy at the same time.

But when I turned around to walk back to Dean, Castiel raised an arm to stop me from moving.

“Cas…what is it?” I asked curiously.

“You don’t want to step on that, now do you?”

“What?”

I raised an eyebrow before looking down to where I almost lowered down my right foot. My eyes widened as I realized that under my foot, was a circle of blood that was almost in the center of the room.

“W-What the heck is that?”

Michael, Balthazar, Gabriel and Anna, along with Haley by her side, were by the hallway, looking for any sign of demon presence so that nothing could disturb them or harm their precious soul. As for Chuck he was sitting on top of the tomb, legs swaying here and there. He looked like a helpless child if you ask me. It was cute.

So that leaves me with Castiel, Dean,  Sam and Bobby who were currently surrounding the bloody circle. “That…is the way we are going to summon out the guy.” Dean replied. “Lucifer.”

I gasped. “You serious?! Having contact with Lucifer isn’t the brightest of ideas Dean.”

“That is why we have holy oil and a match. We are going to surround the blood stain whatever with the oil and light it up. Then Cas over here is going to say a few enochian incantations so that the big guy could get his invitation.”

“…But why is there a trail of blood on the floor?”

All of a sudden, Sam clenched his fists and gritted his teeth as he tried to push away the memories of killing Lilith…who was the final seal. I gasped nervously and walked over to him. Then I realized something that might light up a few things.

“S-Sam.” I whispered. “Are you…involved in this?”

Without warning, Sam engulfed me into a hug as he choked back sobs. Tears were staining my neck and shirt but I didn’t really mind. Dean and the others just lowered their heads and sighed. They all knew that I am going to find out someday and that…someday is today.

“Sam…what are you not telling me…?” I whispered into my brother’s ear as I tried to reach full height so that I could hug him better. “Don’t you dare tell me that this has to do with the 66 seals that Dean has told me about a month ago…”

Sam didn’t respond.

“Shit. It is…isn’t it?” That was the first time I ever cursed in front of everyone. But who could blame me? This whole thing is bringing me down, almost literally.

“Y-Yes.” Sam sobbed. “I-I am involved in this for I did the last seal…killing of Lilith was it. I was so in with Ruby that I was so blind to see the truth. Oh my god….I am so sorry that I didn’t tell you…”

Ruby? I remember that bitch. Dean once told me that Sam has met up with some woman and started to hang out more with her than he would’ve done with us. If that woman was here right now…or if she was alive, I would’ve smite her lungs out for hurting my big brother.