Chapter 23 - Labyrinth of Trials and Pranks Part 2

The updates will come in...but slowly. Lots of things happened and I have a load in my hands right now. Please understand.

We should be nearing the end. So don't worry.

--

Ever since the argument earlier with Gabriel, the angels went on foot and used their abilities to scan out the perimeter. Sure, the others were guilty about their false accusation, but at least Gabriel decided to brighten up their moods by giving each of them some treats that popped out of nowhere. Having a trickster that could do anything has its perks, after all.

"Hey, how she doing?"

Dean snapped out of his daze, nearly dropping the apple pie slice that was given to him, and looked up to see Gabriel hovering over his head. He wanted to scold the angel for startling him but he didn't want to ruin the mood as well, so he went with it.

"Jonas hasn't responded to our pleas for the past hour. Pit tried to encourage us by helping out but nothing happened." The older Winchester sighed and looked at the hound whose eyes were directed to the teenager on Sam's back. "You know, this whole expedition really pulled our strings. Who knows what's waiting for us as we go in deeper..............Gabriel, if you say that phrase, I'll punch you."

The angel raised his hands in mock defense and snorted. "What are you talking about, Dean'o?"

From Dean's side, he could see Sam sniggering as he tried not to drop his little sister. He ignored Gabe and continued on striding, gobbling up the dessert in one go. Chuck just sighed, "Sometimes, I question your sense of humor."

The archangel shrugged and hovered on as the prophet held onto his leg, making himself look like a balloon, rather than a dignified celestial being.

"Hey, Michael." Gabriel droned on. "Anything yet?"

The archangel just sighed as he looked back to his brother. "Nothing much. It's really odd that no one was here to greet us once we arrived...in such a disorderly way." He glared at Lucifer who was whistling like nothing was happening. "I was hoping for an ambush but nada."

"Blake used to be one hell of a brainstormer though." Crowley stated as he kicked a stone. "Knowing him from my past experiences, this isn't surprising. Why? Well, be damned, he actually plans something ahead unlike someone I know." All eyes went to Dean but averted when the hunter raised an eyebrow in question.

Gabriel popped his lips as he raised his palm over his eyes, as if he's looking afar. "Don't mean to ruin the sexual tension between you guys, but is it me or are the warehouses around us gone?"

Dean made a move to protest at the angel's choice of words when Chuck covered his mouth with an audible slap. Everyone took in their surroundings. Gabriel was right. As they were walking they failed to realize that all the buildings and warehouses that used to be around them or gone, replaced by great trees that covered this view of the sky. And since it was night time, it was getting harder to see.

Bobby sighed. "No wonder that I was having a hard time seeing. It's too damn dark." He kicked Dean on the knee that made the man squeak and fall to his ass. "Dean, don't just stand there gaping. Get your flashlight so that your old man can see what's going on."

The older Winchester cursed as he stood up, heat rising to his cheeks as he ignored the sniggering coming from Sam and the others. He fumbled with his bag and got out the said flashlight and flipped it on. The others did the same, except for Sam of course. But at least they got their light source at the ready.

"You know, this reminds me of Slenderman." Gabriel stated. "We could actually---."

Before you could say Trickster, Chuck harshly tugged Gabriel by the ankle, causing him to falter in his flight and fall onto his bottom. "You will do no such thing, Gabriel. You don't want to repeat what happened last time."