Chapter 3- "New Hunt"

Castiel opened the door and let me in first, then he followed. I walked in to see Sam behind a lot of books and Dean behind the laptop. They totally looked like they were doing a thesis or somethin'. 

"What's up?" I said as I hopped over. "Something got your interest, Dean?"

Dean looked up from the laptop and smiled. "You could say that, furrball. Get this..." He faced the laptop to me and Cas. I saw a map of the entire state but of what's weird though is that the state, that we are living in, is surrounded by red spots. "Demon incidents have been going haywire. It all started a few days ago. Don't know why the spawns of hell are out in the open. Have any ideas, Cas?"

Castiel paced around the room. "Not the slightest clue, sorry. But while I was in Heaven, I did get a glimpse of some rumors." Sam looked up from the pile of books.

"What rumors?" I asked.

"Rumors saying that there is this certain human who has a soul that can light up a whole new path. Can't say what gender though. It could be anybody...I mean there are like a million people in the whole continent." The angel nervously rubbed his neck. "And that could be troublesome, especially for someone like me..." I chuckled at his look.

"No shit." said Dean. "But anyways, the reason why we called you two, is that we got a location on where those bitched are hanging out for the night. It's 3 hours away from here. Nothing that my baby can't handle." He puffed his chest out and his hands were placed at the sides.

"Not one of your dignity poses..." I sighed as I face-palmed myself.

Sam laughed as he stood up. He went over to ruffle my messy hair. "Don't worry. He'll do something even funnier than that." I grimaced at the thought. What could he do even worse than THAT?

Shanking my head, I said, "Well...what are we waiting for? Let's get packing."

--

As the impala drove into the night, I was looking outside the window, watching as the trees whizzed out of my sight. Sam was on the front, looking at some maps, while Cas was just staring at his hands, as if they were something interesting in them. Oh, and he changed back into his old uniform. The trenchie and the suit.

Dean argued Cas in not wearing the same clothes again, but the angel insisted. I mean, he always wore that when he went out to hunt with my brothers. 

Haley was sitting in between me and Cas, ever since that awkward moment back at the yard, she's been keeping an eye on Castiel. For example, when Cas walked over to me just to ask me a question, Haley glared at him but she let him speak. It was downright weird.

"So...any chance that you know what we're up against, Cas?" asked Dean, still faced towards the road. "I don't want any unexpected surprises for my sister, you hear me? If anything happens to her, I'll kill you. Literally."

Cas looked up from his hands. "I have no idea what we are up against, but I am pretty sure that it's just some low-level demons. From what I heard, the stronger demons are farther away from this area...so no worries there, Dean."

"You better be sure on that, huggy bear or else...." he growled as his hands tightened around the steering wheel.

I turned my head to Dean and then to Castiel. "Huggy Bear?" I asked. "Where did that name come from?" Haley also stared at the two with curious eyes.

But the two men looked away and continued on doing their business. Sam tried not to laugh at this point. His shoulders were shaking like hell. I take it that something happened between my brother and Cas. Gee, I missed a lot for the pass few years.