Chapter 10- "Things to expect"

3rd POV

Dean opened his eyes to see that they were at Bobby's house. And as promised, Gabriel and Balthazar were here, just...not in a good condition. They were on some cushions on the floor, table moved at the side, so that they would lay themselves down and rest from their last fight.

Gabriel got a couple of bruises while Balthazar got one heck of a gash along his arms and torso but he managed to heal most of them before passing out on the floor.

"Idiots..." Dean mumbled. "Sammy, where you at?" He turned his head to see Castiel passed out on the couch, asleep. "I wonder where Michael went...."

"I'm over here Dean. Lemme just set this thing up." called Sam. He got out his first aid kit and put it on the small table next to the other sofa. "Put Jonas over here so that I could get a closer look at her injuries."

Dean nodded and walked over to his brother. He slowly placed his sister on the couch and ruffled her hair. "I hope she wakes up soon..."

"She will, Dean. Don't worry." said Sam, with concern. "Anyways, we better get the blood off her."

The two brothers set themselves to work. Sam got some wet towels and handed one out to Dean. They couldn't help but feel sorry for their younger sibling. She's suffering the things that the brothers were experiencing in their pass hunts. It's going to be so hard for her to move on...or so Dean says.

While they were cleaning off the blood, Dean asked, "Where's Bobby?" He flinched as Jonas whimpered as he went over a gash. "Sorry..." he whispered.

"As soon as I found myself here, I ran upstairs to check on Bobby. And as Michael promised, Bobby is safe and sound, asleep on his own bed. But I think it's our fault that he's tired..." he added with a sheepish smile.

Dean chuckled. "Can't blame 'im. He's getting old." No offense, Bobby.

After 15 minutes of cleaning off the blood, they then proceeded in removing the pants so that they could get a closer look at her wounds. "Thank goodness that Balthazar is asleep or he would get the wrong idea..." mumbled Sam. "Especially Cas."

Dean looked up. "What is that supposed to mean?" he said as he got the pants off along with Sam's help, leaving only the underwear.

"Are you really that clueless?" Sam asked. Dean just shrugged. He continued, "Cas really sees Jonas as a sibling. Like us, he would be really panicky when one of his siblings are in trouble. That's why he's really cautious around her. He wants Jonas to be safe at all costs."

The older hunter sighed. "Yeah....like when I went downstairs, remember?"

"Yeah..." Sam chuckled. "It was really messy, I'll tell you that." He paused. "....but now that I think of it, I think it's my fault that Jonas is in this state..." Sam got out the ointment for the wounds.

Dean looked at Sam, puzzled.

"Now why would you say that, Sammy? It's not your fault that those bitches got Jonas."

Sam looked down. "I know that...but if only I let Gabriel transport us than flying out, none of this would happen..." His shoulders were shaking. "I...just had to be overjoyed around the wings, huh?"

Being the oldest of the siblings, Dean went into big brother mode. He grabbed Sam's face and wiped out the tears that were pouring out. "Hey, man. Don't you dare say that. It's not your fault and you know it. Plus, flying outside is not a crime, now is it?" Sam shook his head. "Then clearly, it's not your fault. So stop your crying and look at the bright side, Sammy. Come on." He grabbed another spare cloth, needle and some thread. "We better tie up those wounds, they're bleeding again."