039

Shanny

I really feel like a house wife now and I'm not mad at it either. Who woulda thought.. Me spending my days cooking and cleaning and and a lil shopping, but mainly patiently waiting to have my baby. Me out of all people! I walked down the snack aisles of the grocery store. My favorite.

I picked out so much junk that I don't need. My cart was full and so heavy but I managed to get my stuff to the car. "Hold on ma, let me help you with that." A man pulled up next to my car in a black Mercedes Benz coup and hopped out. "Um, no thanks I got it."

He shook his head. "Don't worry I ain't on no creep shit, I just don't think you need to be pregnant lifting all this shit." He started loading stuff into my trunk. He had to be around my age, not tall but not short, on the lighter skin side, slight tattoos, he had nice waves and he could dress. "Santana." I snapped out of my thought. "Huh?"

He chuckled. "You asked my name ma." I placed my hand on my forehead feeling stupid. "I'm sorry, -pregnant brain and I'm just tired." 

"It's aight. Can I ask yours?"

"Shanny." He smiled showing his grilled out teeth, not really my style but it looked good on him. "Beautiful name, beautiful girl. I just moved out here. I would ask you to show me around but I can see by the bag and the whip you pushin that you already well taken care of." He smiled. Oh not the big ass belly huh? Niggas. "How you figure a man got me in nice things? I can't keep myself taken care of? But yes, I am well taken care of by my man and by myself. I appreciate the compliment" I smiled and got into my car. "Figures, you too damn beautiful not to be taken."

"....Well, it was nice talking to you. I have to go. Thanks for the help." He smirked.

"See you around gorgeous."

"Shanny." I corrected him. He chuckled and threw his hands up in surrender. "Shanny. My bad." He winked and got into his car and pulled off. "Ok then.."

*
*
*
*

"Damn look at that! You see that? I did that!" I chuckled. "Did what?! I've had a nice ass since I hit puberty, you've seen my mama, don't play.." We both laughed, he was sitting on the countertop at the doctors office and I stood between his legs. It was a full body mirror next to us and he was playing with my butt watching it jiggle in the mirror. "Yea I know but look how that joint jiggle! I did that! And you know I did!" I laughed and leaned in and wrapped my arms around him. "Gimme a kiss."

He rubbed on my butt and kissed me. "You know that puts me to sleep." I got comfortable on him.

"Sorry for the wait guys. How you feeling today mom and dad?" I shrugged. "I'm fine, how are you Dr. Daniels?" I kissed Jace and went to go sit on the examination table. "I'm great thanks for asking! How's our little Nyla?" He got up and took my blood pressure. "She's very active all the time, especially when I want to sleep." He smiled and motioned for me to lay back. I pulled my dress up over my stomach. "That is very good Shanny! Movement is always a good sign of a healthy baby." He felt on my stomach. His hands were so cold. "Wow, no stretch marks, you must be using the magic I prescribed." I shook my head. "Yes every night and every morning."

"Ok good. Let's have a look at baby Nyla, shall we." He put the cold gel on my stomach. "Such a beautiful name." I smiled. "Thank you."

"Andddd here's your little bundle of joy guys." I looked at the ultrasound. I looked at the look on Jace's face. Every time we get to see her he be smiling hard as hell. "And she's wide awake! Wow, you weren't joking huh? We have an active little one here!" Dr. Daniels chuckled. "Aww look at her little feet!" It's crazy how clear it was now. I'm so used to just seeing little body parts here and there, now we can see her completely. "She's very well developed. I think we'll have a smooth on time delivery." That was music to my ears.
"She got your big ass head." Jace said in my ear and laughed, I rolled my eyes. "Shut up!" He kissed my forehead.