006

Sunny

"So what happened?" Me and Shanny sat on my bed eating the breakfast food we just made, she decided to work from home today. She shook her head. "Girl what didn't happen.. His temper is terrible." I smacked my teeth and looked at her. "You got the nerve to talk about somebody temper, you got the worst temper I've seen thus far, do we need to remember what you did to Ace when-" She mugged me and threw a napkin at me. I laughed.

"Exactly, Crazy ass! But I don't find it hard to believe, DJ mean as hell already I know he probably the devil when he mad. Did you talk to him at all?" She shrugged. "The day I went over there? No barely. But he called me last night and basically half ass apologized, and I got him to open up a little. Just a little, I know I can get him to talk to me in person, easily. I talked to him this morning he said he was gonna text me when he landed." She flipped threw the channels. "Give him some act right! You need some with your fiesty ass! From the right person too?! Oh yeah you'd be walking around here like you Mrs. Obama or something!" She burst out laughing and flicked me off. "Fuck you" I smiled.

"I ain't DJ. No thanks" she mugged me. "Ok, ok I'm done I promise! I won't bring it up any more!" She rolled her eyes. "Liar, but anyways.. Speaking of Ace. I kind of stood him up yesterday." I damn near choked. "Stood him up?! What you doing messing with him again Shantel?!" She chuckled. "Bitch don't call me by my government!" I smacked my teeth. "You wanna get technical, Shantel Janae Banks! Now get to talking the hell you doing making dates with Ace's ass?!" She burped. "Girl shut up, it's not even like that you know I don't want him, remember I said guess who popped up at my job I was talking about him. After bugging me for like an hour I finally agreed to go to eat with him. as FRIENDS!" I knew she wasn't lying, but I hate Ace all together. He sneaky! "I got his number from Facebook and called him to apologize but it went straight to voicemail like three times so fuck it." I shrugged. Just as I was about to say something she answered her phone. "Hello?" I got up to take my plate back to the kitchen while she was on the phone. A knock on my door got my attention. "Who is it?" When I swung the door open I couldn't believe who was in front of me.

DJ

"Jace Davis?" I nodded. "This way. I'm Dr. Zelfro, Nicholas' Doctor. The explosion was pretty serious, and In all honesty sir, I'd rather tell the family the business without sugar coating. The explosion Mr. Davis was in, left him with some damage to his brain, it also could have paralyzed the whole left side of his body as we could see on the x-ray, the left side of the spine suffers many breaks, but we won't know the full extent until he wakes up, he could be completely washed out and lost all his memory or it could be less severe. He also suffered many second degree burns and a broken foot and forearm. I'm telling you this because you have a difficult sight to see. As I told his mother, the decision is yours, in all honesty his life is only going to get harder from this point on. We don't have any of the proper equipment to care for him here on base so we are going to have him transferred back home to Chicago, to the intensive care hospital." I couldn't even say shit back. I was to stuck and to fucked up to answer.

That's a lot to take in. "Wh-where he at man?" He nodded in the direction to follow. I ain't a nigga with much emotions but my brother one of the only family I got, my brother, my niece and grandma. My father locked up, has been majority of my adult life, moms dead. Me and Nico got the same dad, different mom. His mom tried to hug me soon as I walked in, me and her NEVER got along, ain't shit about to change now. I looked at Nico all hemmed up in the bed with tubes coming from his mouth and neck.

"Damn bro." I stood beside him and looked over his body. "Hey DJ, how you been?" His mom look like she ain't slept in weeks. "I'm straight, how you been?" She started talking but she ain't get far before she burst out crying and her daughter came and helped her sit down. "So, he's being flown to Chicago tomorrow?" Jasmine, his sister asked. "No, he's coming to Philly." Sharonda, his mom cut in. I looked at her sideways. "Naw he definitely coming to Chicago." She looked at me sideways. "No, he's coming to Philly with his mama! I ain't got no damn money to move out there!" I smacked my teeth. "So you gon' pay the medical bills? You gon handle his aftercare? Cause Philly ain't got no intensive care unit and I be damn if you fuck my brother health up just for you bein' selfish. When he wanted to stay witchu' before he got in trouble, whatchu' say to him? Hell nah right? So don't come in here playin' that fake ass mommy roll wit me when I know da truth! It's always been me and him for ourselves and imma take care of my lil soulja, believe that!"